The incumbent would be responsible for the overall accounting and administration related work and transaction processing matters the assigned project(s). He / She will be accountable to manage statutory compliances as are applicable to various financial transactions of the project and ensure quality of records and the safe keeping.
1. Financial Accounting :
• He / She shall ensure day today transaction processing in SAP/ accounting of expenditures and advances related to various projects assigned and ensure the same is done accurately and after review of support docs.
• He / She shall prepare cheques, payment vouchers and ensuring that all expenditure payments have proper approval and documentation and that all invoices and payments are paid on time e.g. invoices utility bills, rents, phones, etc.
• He / She shall be responsible for updating and monitoring Advance accounts in the system.
• Keep up-to-date petty cash ledger in the accounting system if applicable.
• In case of partners, process their fund requests and Utilisation certificates on a regular basis.
2. Budget and Cash Management:
• He/she shall support the Zonal Finance Lead / Finance Manager / Project Manager maintaining a cash forecasting system to ensure that adequate funds are available to meet the working requirements of the program unit.
• He / She shall support the LM and Program Lead in preparing/revising project budgets.
3. Procurement and Office Admin:
• He/she shall ensure procurement for projects handled are done as per office policy and procedure. support Inventory reconciliation by ensuring the capture of all project purchases, issues and balances.
• Coordinate with ICO Admin and Procurement on a regular basis for smooth transactions, quality and time bound procurement.
• He / She shall maintain the assets register for the Project(s) and keep it up to date and ensure items are tagged and ensure that new procurements are done only as per approved budget.
• Make recommendations on internal controls, accounting systems, and general operations of the accounts department to increase efficiency.
4. Audit Support:
• Keep all field level records and vouchers, etc. ready for any time audit by donor, govt.
• Follow donor instructions and Plan procedure for audit preparation and audit action list
• Ensure audit visits are smoothly handled.
5. Record Management:
• He/she shall be responsible for proper filing of all financial documents as per Plan India’s systems and procedures.
• He/she shall be responsible for ensuring that the files for payment processing, petty cash, bank transfers, bank reconciliations, and cheques etc. are up to date.
6. Field visits and quality check and capacity building (in case of NGO partner):
• He / She shall plan and make monitoring field visits to project locations to verify the activities undertaken by Plan India and ensure that discrepancies are reported to LM and FM immediately.
• In case of NGO partners, visit NGO office/finance and review their utilisation, cross check UC with Tally data and confirm all figs match.
• Give orientation / training to NGO finance staff
• Any other work as assigned by LM.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Finance and Accounting, Commerce, or Business Administration and Management from recognized Institution.
• Minimum experience in the development sector 5+ years.
• Preference to candidates having the experience of managing accounting responsibilities of Sponsorship program.
• Have the ability to guide others as per organizations’ policies and procedures related to financial management
• Experience in working with accounting software – tally, SAP, etc.
• Must be honest and trustworthy in all financial transactions
• Computer skills especially in MS Office, Excel
• Good communication skills in English & Hindi
• Ability to manage task within the stipulated timelines
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
As per the requirement of the project
COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYMENT:
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
How to apply:
Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note (single Word document only) for the position of “Accounts Officer – Delhi & Keonjhar” at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Accounts Officer – Delhi & Keonjhar in the subject line. (Please also share your current salary and expectation in the resume. Last date for sending applications is 8th October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.