Accounting including Housekeeping: Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: transaction posting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and taxes
• Ensure transaction posting is done in SAP in time regularly.
• Review and scrutinize project related expenses and supporting documents submitted by account officers.
• Ensures FOs upload Vr & supports, etc. on the Virtual drive (TEAMS) as per guideline and are complete and correct.
• Review fund request and utilisation certificate in case of project managed through NGO/partner organisation (Non-FCRA)
• Housekeeping of Accounting & SAP matters: Extract and review of SAP & SAP BI data/reports on weekly basis, monitor spends, take corrective actions if needed through LM, monitor Advances- Vendors, NGO/Partners, Staff in your areas and take necessary steps.
• Petty Cash fund where applicable: Supervise petty cash fund and ensure its efficient management as per Office policy including fund reco. bank reco. and monthly reporting to ICO.
Budget Management & control :
• Support in preparation of budgets and quarterly forecasts to support the teams/ management.
• Analysis the budget vs actuals and support the MIS reports
• Support in budget preparation to zonal program team based on requirement.
Financial Monitoring & Audits :
• Conduct project finance monitoring through field visits and submit reports as per laid down procedure for ensuing quality of financial utilisation and timely execution of projects.
• Coordinate and submit data / vouchers and information required for various audits in field / projects
• Maintain audit calendar, coordinate with auditors and NGO partners, submit data/information to auditors and ensure adequate preparation before audits in field /project.
• Prepare AAL and submit to FM to respond audit observations.
• Ensure compliance with FCRA regulations and Income Tax Act and GST etc. in various day today transactions in operational area/states
• Support to submit periodic statutory returns including PT, PF, TDS, IT, FCRA etc in operational area/states.
• Ensure the Donor’s compliance requirements and guideline and are followed in the projects and report gaps/deviations promptly to FM/SFM
Financial Reporting & Analysis :
• Internal Financial Reporting (on monthly basis, including forecasting and alerts in case of overrun)
• Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Donor (program) reporting (Financial Budget and Expenses Reporting) in their required format and frequency.
Financial System strengthening :
• Assess current practices and procedures, and suggest improvements for greater efficiency or cost reduction, internal control.
Procurement & Office Admin :
• Ensure that procurement policy followed in all applicable cases, logistics arrangements are in place.
• Provide proper and required documents to ICO for vendor agreements/ order preparation and or renewal
Team Management :
• Orientation and capacity building of finance and Accounts staff on compliance issues and financial management
• Capacity building of partner’s staff especially in case of Non-FCRA projects.
Any other task assigned by LM as per need of the organisation.
Travel Commitments: The position involves field travel to project locations. Minimum 30% of time commitment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Finance and Accounting, Commerce, or Business Administration and Management from recognized Institution.
• Minimum experience in the development sector 5+ years.
COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYMENT:
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
How to apply:
Please send us your updated resume along with suitability note (single Word document only) for the position of “Zonal Finance Lead” at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Zonal Finance Lead” in the subject line. (Please also share your current salary and expectation in the resume). Last date for sending applications is 8th October 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.