About the Fellowship
The Prime Sauramandala Rural Entrepreneurship Fellowship (PSERF) program is envisioned to build an ecosystem of entrepreneurship and pre-incubation at the district and block level in rural Meghalaya. Utilising the power of collaboration and partnership, the fellowship aims to plug various critical gaps persistent in rural Meghalaya like the lack of educated human capital in rural Meghalaya, the unawareness of entrepreneurship support mechanisms and the general inclination toward government jobs. It aims towards creating block-wise champions among the youth who can carry the entrepreneurship thought and spirit forward in their communities.
About PRIME Meghalaya
The Promotion and Incubation of Market-driven Enterprises (PRIME) is a comprehensive program of the Government of Meghalaya that looks at enterprise promotion and incubation in a holistic manner.
Sauramandala Foundation is a non-profit established in 2018 with a focus on improving economic and social indicators in remote, vulnerable and disconnected communities through collaborative action.
Structure of the fellowship
The fellowship is envisioned to have a structure as below
- During the fellowship, a unit of 1 fellow and 2 associates will be placed in a block
- The duration of the fellowship is 18 months & 12 months for the Fellows and Associates respectively. At the end of the 18th or 12th month, the new cohort of Fellows/ Associates will join.
- 2 associates will work together with 1 fellow as a unit in one block. The associates will help the fellows in contextualising the local dynamics & cultural aspects of the problem statements.
- The fellowship will have a heavy field and problem statement focus with relevant workshops and capacity building at the start, mid and end of the year.
- The fellows and associates will be aided by the core fellowship team that helps build partnerships, raise funds and build channels.
Whom are we looking for
- Passionate about rural entrepreneurship
- Likes to work in challenging situations and outside of a comfort zone
- Is field oriented and up for travel
- Good with digital tools like MS Office / Google apps.
- Critical thinking and design thinking skills
- Should exhibit self-awareness, empathy and a passion for social change
- Self-starter and ability to take initiatives, resourceful and street smart
- An outgoing personality who enjoys working with and mentoring others.
What you will do as the Program Lead
- Ensure progress of the fellowship, fellows and associates as per the fellowship timeline
- Receive updates, reports and other deliverables from the field units as per schedule
- Assessing the impact & outcomes of the projects undertaken by the field units
- Should share updates/ reports and other deliverables on the progress of the fellowship and the field units to the PRIME team and the Sauramandala Foundation team
- Ensure timely release of stipends, field expenses or budgets
- Sanction and keep track of leaves for fellows and associates
- Responsible for keeping track of violations of the code of conduct by fellows/ associates, communicating the same to the PRIME & SMF team and taking necessary actions in consultation.
- Resolve any conflict that may arise amongst the fellows/associates/ unit or with any stakeholders
- Support the field units in partnership building with external organisations and agencies
- Organise and arrange for internal events like orientations, review workshops, team meetings, capacity building workshops, team building activities etc
- Organise and arrange for external events like stakeholder consultation workshops, seminars etc
- Represent or ensure representation on behalf of the fellowship team in any public meetings/ workshops or events
- Prepare monthly/ quarterly/half-yearly/ yearly budgets, plans and reports
- Share with the PRIME & Sauramandala Team any data, reports, plans, and communication collaterals as requested.
- Should be responsible for the overall well-being of fellows, associates and the fellowship team members
- Overlook the functioning of the entire fellowship team
? 58,000-70,000/month (commensurate with exp)
Please apply for the position by filling up the form on this link- https://bit.ly/psref2022