1. To identify key community-based enterprises/business opportunities in the area, develop and deliver business plans to achieve targets including income, production and productivity and future scope of the initiatives (E.g., Goat rearing, Grading of non-forest timber produce).
2. Initiate and implement community-based initiatives in the area based on scoping and future organizational decision, by effectively mobilising individuals and local institutions.
3. Lead and engage in outreach activities with local community to engage in collective action and form / re-establish local community groups towards more focused activities to strengthen enterprise.
4. Coordinate and deliver training and skill development of local community in business planning, governance, management and best practices.
5. Disseminate information and deliver training to improve financial literacy and other supports like loans available to the community to implement their business ideas.
6. Develop strategic linkages with other value chain actors, networks with a view of creating synergistic partnerships/collaborations that would be beneficial to the enterprises and also establish relationship with key stakeholders of the project like District Official, Govt officials, local administration, and communities.
8. Compile and monitor monthly and quarterly reports to indicate the progress of the individuals and collectives in pursuing their respective value chains and conduct market studies and advise on best implementation strategies that would ensure community groups to have profitable ventures.
10. Anticipate opportunities and develop innovative project ideas, proposals and applications including exploring and developing opportunities for complementary funding for promotion of community and social enterprise development activities.
Desired Candidate Profile
Post Graduation - MBA/PGDM
• Bachelor’s degree/ MBA with minimum 3-5 years of experience in the relevant field or a degree in (Rural Business, agribusiness, rural management, social entrepreneurship)
• Understanding and experience of social/community enterprise/business development
• Demonstrated financial management experience and digital skills
• Ability to network and liaison with local communities and multiple agencies
• Excellent planning, organisational, and multi project management skills with the ability to deal with multiple demands on time and deal with ambiguity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good stakeholder management experience
• Highly motivated and committed to working as part of a team
• Readiness to travel 10-12 days to field areas and engage directly with Communities
• Fluency in oral and written Gujarati or Hindi is essential. Working knowledge of English will be an additional benefit