Established in 1982, PRIA (Participatory Research in Asia) is a global center for participatory research and training based in New Delhi. PRIA’s work focuses on empowering the excluded through capacity building, knowledge building, and policy advocacy. Over four decades PRIA has promoted ‘participation as empowerment, capacity building of community organisations, and people’s participation in governance. Initiatives are undertaken from the overall perspective of ‘making democracy work for all – in the political system; democratic culture in families, communities, and society; and participatory democracy with active citizenship. For more information about PRIA, please visit www.pria.org.
PRIA is looking for a Senior Program Officer (Research) with experience in field-based policy-oriented research, analysing global, national, and local sectoral trends and linkages to aid decision-making by senior management, organising and participating in dialogues with multiple stakeholders, and writing knowledge products with fresh perspectives to influence policy change.
- A master’s or other post-graduate degree in social science, or any other relevant field with experience of 5-7 years, preferably in non-profit organisations or research organisations
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
PRIA is an equal opportunity employer and provides a conducive and safe environment for learning and working. The organisation is committed to preventing sexual harassment at the workplace and ensures that all employees, interns, volunteers, and visitors are provided with a safe and clean workplace to undertake their work/learning.
Other terms and conditions -
- Initial appointment on a contract for 12 months, extendable for a more extended period on the basis of performance reviews.
- Salary: Negotiable based on qualifications and experiences.
- Only short-listed candidates will be called for interviews.
The candidate having relevant professional qualifications with 5-7 years of full-time working experience need to apply and send her/his resume to email@example.com at the earliest. Please indicate the current and expected salary and the joining time required in the cover letter.