The Human Resources department is responsible for two very important aspects of the organisation: the human capital of the organisation and the administrative support required for the smooth running of the organisation.
The Assistant Manager - HR & Admin role is responsible for upholding the culture of the organisation, supporting the recruiting process, engaging employees, ensuring employees at Toybank have adequate support and are able to fulfil their roles and responsibilities at optimum levels.
S/He will actively support the HR Director in designing innovative people practices, policies, platforms and learning opportunities for employees at the organisation. This role also acts as a neutral partner to all employees to seek feedback and resolve escalations with the aim to help make Toybank a wonderful, caring, and respectful place to work. In addition to the above, the Assistant Manager - HR & Admin role will also handle general office management and administration.
Organization Website - Toybank | NGO
- Hiring: Manage documentation of applicants, help coordinate with recruiting agencies (as needed), conduct preliminary interviews for identified roles and manage the recruitment tracker.
- Onboarding: Ensure timely implementation of employee onboarding checklists, warmly welcome new hires into the organisation and ensure all resources are in place, calendarize various meetings as part of the onboarding schedule, and conduct periodic one-on-ones with new hires per HR Director’s guidance.
- Employee Events: Coordinate logistics for employee events, assist in planning periodic rewards and recognition events org-wide, and disseminate information about upcoming activities and events through structured emailers and published calendars
- Performance Management: Track and coordinate org-wide appraisal related schedules, update the appraisal tracker and assist employees incase of questions/queries
- Grievance Handling and Redressal: Support the Company’s Grievance Handling Committee (GHC) by coordinating meetings, maintain Grievance Handling Records and documentation as part of the Grievance Redressal Process, and participate as a neutral party during manager-employee meetings to help address grievances constructively
- Training and Development: Assist the HR Director in scheduling and calendarizing employee learning events through the year, and manage the org-wide leadership training calendar
- Employee Exits: conduct exit interviews, assist with retention discussions, analyse and document reasons for employee exits, offer recommendations, as applicable.
- Office Management and Administration: Assist with vendor management, procurement, travel and conveyance, fire safety and compliance, office repairs & maintenance, annual maintenance contracts, asset issuance and tracking, etc.