Programme Manager / Senior Programme Manager will support the development and implementation of a comprehensive sector strategy through research, programme activity, and establishing and maintaining effective collaboration with external and internal stakeholders.
We are looking for an individual who aspires to make a difference on the fight against climate change, one of the greatest global challenges of this generation, and to work with the who’s who of the sector.
Supporting Sector Strategy
- Conduct research and contribute to development of sector strategy
- Conduct research and analysis around follow-on opportunities identified by Programme Lead and those proposed by stakeholders, to establish their relevance
- Develop the Concept Notes for discussion at different levels and forums.
- Interact with Government bodies, donors and other stakeholders with inputs from Programme Lead
- Draft Terms of Reference for issuance of Request for Proposals (RFPs) to the Consultants related to research and study of the thematic area.
- Develop a well-researched proposal in coordination with the Programme Lead
- Support Programme Lead in diversification of portfolio by identifying new research / project partners
- Conduct research to track key sector developments, interventions of other actors to inform the Program lead about potential project opportunities for the benefit of the sector.
- Provide technical input for research studies and implementation plan for the same
- Conduct specific research studies related to the projects
- Collate and analyse data collected from various sources
- Develop written outputs from research initiatives, including reports and articles, media pieces and explainers
- Share research findings for each study for sharing with relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate with Programme Lead and Finance Team to ensure adherence to reporting and payment schedules of planned programme activities
- Prepare communication materials e.g. thematic presentations and narratives for various stakeholders
- Support programme lead through background research and drafting concept notes / proposals / progress report etc
- Develop and provide programmatic inputs to Communications
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering / Architecture / Economics or related stream from a premium University / Institute
- 3-5 years (for Manager), and 5-7 years (for Senior Manager) of relevant experience in Energy Efficiency / Clean Cooling / Decarbonization aspects is required
- Knowledge of policies, regulations, and programmes related to Energy efficiency / decarbonization at national / international level
- Ability to interact with a wider variety of external stakeholders including government officials, and representatives from private sector, civil society organisations, and national and international think tanks and research institutions
- Understanding of data analytics, technology trends, research and innovation is desirable
- Professional with a ‘Can do’ spirit.
- Excellent written, verbal communications, and presentation skills
- Superior teamworking and collaborating skills
- Drive, Commitment and Ownership for the delegated responsibilities
Please send the following documents to email@example.com
- Statement of suitability (one page): Please provide a one-page note on why you feel you are suitable to take up this role?
- Detail of three references
- Detail of current and expected salary
- Notice Period / Joining time if selected
Kindly note: -
- Applications received without Statement of Suitability, details of Referees, Salary details and Joining time will not be accepted and considered
- Please mention “Programme Manager (Energy Efficiency) / Senior Programme Manager (Energy Efficiency)” (as relevant) in the subject line of your e-mail
- Last date for receiving applications is 19 October 2022
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .