Akshara centre is looking for a person to develop its communication strategies with a variety of stakeholders. It would mean having excellent content management skills, being a storyteller and conversant with social media tools. The candidate should have 1-2 years of experience in journalism or as a writer in a newspaper or firm.
What you will do:
1. Internal Communications with Akshara Teams
• Work with program teams to develop communication channels and workflow for all the program stakeholders.
• Support program teams in report writing and data analysis
• Support program team in implementing public campaigns and dissemination of materials
2. External Communication
• Identify and define Akshara’s communications needs for different stakeholders
• Maintain media relations with print, social and electronic media
• Use FB and Instagram and Mass Emails for propaganda and outreach of Akshara's work
3. Organisation Development
• Assist the leadership in developing and executing the Communications strategy and manage Akshara’s image and positioning to strengthen relationship with all key stakeholders
• Streamline all the communications assets of Akshara (various websites, social handles, subscriptions, etc.), see that they are renewed etc and align them to the communications strategy.
• Build media relationships and ensure media coverage for all Akshara initiatives, establish partnerships with new stakeholders.
• Review the communication campaigns and donor relations
4. Communications administration
• Oversee the prioritization and delivery of all of organization’s communications including books/manual sales, Press and PR activity, all print productions, digital communications and activities relating to stakeholder relationship management
• Take charge of printing and translations of material in local languages, as needed.
• Support program teams in maintaining cyber security and backing up data
- Enhancing the organisation’s online presence and positioning it in the sector
- Building communication links with supporters, youth, donors, and other organisations
- Disseminating Akshara’s literature and events to different stakeholders
- Creating small surveys and studies for dissemination and program inputs
The salary range in this position is commensurate to non profit organisations’ standards and will be determined based upon the experiences and fixed as per the HR policies of the organisation
deal Experience and Attributes:
• University degree
• Fluency in English language, written and spoken
• Minimum one or two years of experience in writing, editorial and documentation
• Proficient at social media skills
• Ability to engage with people at all levels especially in interviewing skills
• Familiarity with design principles and knowledge of design software like Canva, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
• Basic understanding of gender concepts and development dialogues