ALERT India is looking for highly motivated Radiographers to operate a state-of-the-art ultraportable handheld X-ray machine fitted with Computer Assisted Diagnostics (CAD) software and Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACs). As part of the C-19RM grant, ALERT India as a SR partner of WJCF shall be implementing this program. The project will be screening vulnerable population using these X-ray machines in a mix of community camps and primary health facilities. While the machines are relatively new and complete expertise is not a prerequisite since training shall be conducted for the same, the ideal candidate is expected to be well-versed with X-ray equipment operability and should possess excellent demonstrated patient handling ability. They should be able to function independently, be self-motivated, can thrive in challenging environments, willing to travel, and have a strong commitment to excellence. The Radiographers will report to the District Supervisor of the district.
• Handling of the ultraportable X-ray machine unit. The unit including generator, detector, CAD software, lead aprons (if available), frames etc will be transported in a compact bag to and from camp locations to its stationing facility. Maintenance, transportation, and safekeeping of the unit will be the responsibility of the radiographer
• Handling queries from patients and offering pre-procedure guidance
• Using radiographic equipment, including surgical and portable equipment, to do x-rays, and labelling them appropriately
• Collecting and reporting the results of x-rays to the Medical Officer managing the patient
• Monitoring the radiographic equipment and supplies and ensuring there are sufficient supplies by submitting purchase requests proactively
• Maintaining stock register for the camp
• Ensuring the maintenance of X-ray machines and other related equipment. Coordinating with relevant stakeholders for AMC and any corrective/ preventive maintenance required
• Documenting, recording, and storage of patient data
• Performing end of day tasks and reporting
• Holding all patient Protected Health Information (PHI), other patients’ personal information and agency information in confidence, in accordance with the Employee Confidentiality Statement
• Coordinating and cooperating with other staff in daily routine and to assist in health camps, as and when required
• Observing the schedule for work, lunch, and breaks.
• Any other jobs assigned as per program need.
Good to have:
• Will be helpful if the candidate already has a TLD badge. Please mention this during application and first interview so that TLD badge can be applied for and procured accordingly, if required.
• Some working knowledge of ultraportable handheld X-ray machines and CAD software will be a bonus.
Salary: CTC Rs. 4,20,000/- per annum, commensurate with skills/experience and last drawn salary.
Interested candidates are requested to share their CVs at firstname.lastname@example.org and fill in their information on the link https://forms.gle/mZeSTckDx5M8PB5t7 latest by 31st October 2022.
• Diploma/Degree in Medical Radiology & Imaging Technology from the Government recognised institute with at least 18 months of experience in a similar capacity
• Candidates with higher qualifications (for example, Graduates and above) shall be preferred
• Experience in working in MDU or public health camp settings would be an added advantage
• Good documentation skills
• Enthusiasm for community engagement
• Proficiency in the use of computers and the relevant software packages
• Outstanding thinking and reasoning skills
• Ability to work independently but also as a part of a healthcare team
• Sensitivity and understanding towards patients during procedures
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to perform well under pressure
• Physical strength to assist with the lifting or moving of patients to ensure their positioning is correct for the specific procedure
• Should be willing to travel extensively for project purposes within and outside the respective district.
• Languages: Excellent written and spoken command of English and Gujarati languages.