About the Role:
The PC will be responsible to implement and strengthening “Introduction of DFS through ICDS in Gujarat”. The PC will work with Divisional Coordinators to achieve the programme plans and outcomes within the program framework. He will be responsible to strengthen customize existing processes of the government in procurement of fortified staples, capacity building of government officials at state, district, and block level. He will closely work with key Government Officials at district and state level and providing support to monitor and strengthen the program and institutionalizing quality assurance mechanisms, developing and executing a behavior change communication campaign that are required to success the DFS. Represent the organization professionally by participating in meetings and sharing the success and challenges and identify feasible approaches to address bottlenecks. Integrate Gender and other social needs in the program cycle.
- Support in creating Project Implementation Plan and Reporting Framework for the project as per project agreement.
- Conduct Field Visits to Anganwadi Centres, Fair price shops, warehouses and Households and support Divisional Coordinators to plan and delivery of key community engagement and DFS Interventions. (At least 10 days) per month.
- Support DCs to prepare their monthly plans as per PIP and support them for conducting regular field visit plans.
- Create support plan for key Government Officials and providing technical and operational support to the district and block level government officials of ICDS and DFCSCA for planning, on-the job capacity building, monitoring and review of the food fortification programs.
- Participate in monthly government meetings of ICDS and DFCSCA to share programmatic gaps, coverage data and success stories, and recommend strategies for addressing the gaps.
- Stay in regular contact with DCs s to ensure support and guidance to complete tasks, manage issues arising and ensure deadlines are met
- Support the district administration in implementing corrective actions decided as part of the review meetings.
- Lead and manage the team of Divisional Coordinators to effectively to deliver the planned actions and achieve the desired outcomes of the Project.
- Manage professional relationships with Key Project stakeholders and government Officials.
- Supportive supervision of Anganwadi workers (AWWs) of ICDS department and on the job capacity building during anganwadi visits.
- Ensure distribution of BCC materials at divisional and district level of ICDS department.
- Conduct field visits to warehouses, FPSs, AWCs and households to record observations and collect monitoring data on NI fortification app, and submit key findings in report format, monthly to district officials and NI state office.
- Undertake tele-monitoring for assessing nutrition services delivery in case of travel restrictions due to COVID-19 or any kind of travel restrictions
- Coach and manage DCs to improve their capabilities as well as monitoring and supervision
Capacity Building and Behavior Change Communication:
- Build capacity of district ICDS officials in understanding the DFS system and its components.
- Ensure distribution of BCI materials at divisional and district level of ICDS department.
- Follow-up with ICDS and FCS district officials on use of job-aids and other communication materials by AWWs, supervisors and FPS owners to improve knowledge and practices, and overcome barriers.
- Facilitate regular dissemination of key messages by AWWs through periodic counselling sessions and follow-up during group counselling and home visits
- Understand the development needs for DCs and ensure one-to-one meetings during field visits and monthly review meetings are used to improve their understanding and skills
- Support team to enhance their knowledge and to plan and conduct meetings with key stakeholders at village and cluster level
- Support the district MIS coordinator in compilation and analysis of block wise distribution and coverage data and undertake data validation to assess the quality of reported data.
- Undertake knowledge assessment of FPS owners, AWWs and beneficiaries to assess their knowledge on food fortification programs and its benefits.
- Run regular, data and insight driven review meetings to ensure planned actions are completed, issues are resolved or escalated and learnings and best practice is shared.
- Participate in district / state or any other relevant meetings as per the need of NI
Duration of Assignment: Joining date to 30th September 2023, which may be extended based on performance and availability of resources.
INR 70, 000/- (Rupees Seventy Thousand Only) per month excluding communication and travel expense reimbursement as per organization norms.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can mail their CV, Current CTC and Notice Period at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st October 2022. Please include the following