The Team Lead- Lab Strengthening System (TL-LSS) will work closely with the Senior Management and the project team at FIND India, as well as state officials and other stakeholders, to lead the implementation of all activities under the project, with responsibility for the following.
(A) Program Management and Administration:
(1) Develop field level strategies and processes in alignment with overall project objectives and with a view to ensuring operational excellence;
(2) Lead coordination with all health centers of allocated districts of Bihar and other stakeholders for all activities as mentioned under the grant;
(3) Prepare the project work plan, and budget forecast, and manage budget allocation and monitor expenditure as per project activities and guidelines;
(4) Manage, supervise and support the project team and follow-on progress of the project, providing regular updates to key stakeholders, including the donor agency;
(5) Manage project deliverables within stipulated deadlines and monitor engagement activities with the State Health Society of Bihar;
(6) Submit reports and participate in national/ state level reviews periodically, as per project requirement;
(7) Ensure the submission of periodical reports (programmatic and financial), as per organizational requirements and donor specifications;
(8) Ensure confidentiality and security of the program data and information, as relevant;
(9) Support procurement if any under the project, as per FIND India policies and guidelines;
(10) Any other tasks assigned from time to time.
(B) Technical Responsibilities
(1) Liaise with the Ministry of Health, GoB (including the State Health Society of Bihar) for planning and implementation of project/ LSS-related activities;
(2) Plan, implement, and support various site assessments under the project and the development of reports and action plans. The project supports lab system strengthening (LSS) at health facilities, and shall require effort in the planning and execution of this task;
(3) Provide technical guidance and expertise for develop the IPHL and QMS (Quality Management System) training curriculum, capacity building program, and implementation of IPHL guidelines at all health centers;
(4) Support implementation of training of trainers and cascade training for IPHS norms and IPHL guidelines in identified areas/ regions;
(5) Conceptualize the documentation, report writing, and monitoring and evaluation framework for the project;
(6) Support the achievement of project milestones and any other task assigned from time to time.
The gross remuneration budgeted for the position is attractive and shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience, and salary history, of the selected candidate.
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 4081-9900; 4165 3612
10. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply online to https://recruitment.samshrm.com/JOBS/FIND by or before October 31, 2022.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
(1) Applicants must be MBBS/ BDS with postgraduation in Microbiology/ Pathology/ Lab Medicine/ Public Health/ Epidemiology/ Health Services Management, from reputed Institutes;
(2) Five years or more experience in public health programs in India, including exposure to field implementation and management of teams (preferably TB, HIV/AIDS, Integrated Disease Surveillance Programs, COVID-19, and other public health programs);
(3) Comprehensive knowledge and experience of NEDL and IPHL, Government Health Care System and structures, including familiarity with Ministry of Health policies, program priorities, and regulations.
(1) Candidates with experience of working on projects engaging public sector institutes and/or state health authorities, shall be given preference;
(2) Candidates with experience of working under/ managing projects funded by national/ international donor agencies, shall also be given preference;
(3) State/ National level experience of working with the Government/ Health Department, is desirable;
(4) Experience of managing program/ project budgets, shall be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
(1) Proven ability to work in a public health setup with decision-makers;
(2) Ability to coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and on-site teams;
(3) Demonstrated ability to coordinate between multiple districts/sites and ensure strict adherence to project targets and mandates;
(4) Should have good communications skills and be proficient in basic computer applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
(5) Have sound knowledge of data analysis, and analytical software, and the ability to make meaningful interpretations for effective supervision;
(6) Ability and willingness to travel extensively (25%), based on the needs of the job;
(7) Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team.