The Programme Manager will be a part of the national team and based in New Delhi. Under the direct supervision of the Project Director, the incumbent will provide techno-managerial support to the national and state JSI teams in all activities related to the new vaccine introduction, especially for the HPVV introduction. S/he will be required to supervise and oversee the regional/state managers across the country. S/he will provide strategic and technical guidance, feedback and oversight to state-level technical project staff of the new vaccine introduction. S/he will oversee and coordinate all work related to planning, results monitoring, deliverable tracking and reporting at the national level. S/he will support the national and state teams in stakeholder coordination for project implementation.
Under the leadership and supervision of the Project Director, the Programme Manager will perform the following duties:
- Support the national team to coordinate with State JSI teams in operationalization of the project activities in the respective states.
- Support the national team in developing a detailed diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI) and gender strategy for the roll out of HPVV.
- Visit target states on regular basis to support and facilitate the state JSI teams in performing their role, liaise with state governments and address any problems or challenges.
- Support the National JSI team in developing training tools for capacity building.
- Support in organizing and conducting capacity building activities in the project.
- Design and develop inter-sectoral engagement plan for their support and coordination for upcoming NVI.
- Support the national team in designing a national operational plan and develop systems to monitor the progress at national and state level.
- With help of the national team, collect and analyse data on various aspects of immunization under the ongoing projects, in tune with results framework and M&E process.
- Support the national team in partner coordination, advocacy and strategic planning.
- Represent JSI and JSI’s work on national and international forums.
- Develop interesting and innovative project overviews to be shared with the MoHFW, donors and partner organizations.
- Regularly document all activities and challenges under the project at national and state level and provide support for addressing the challenges
- Support the national team to prepare a monthly status update for sharing with the ministry and donor
How to Apply:
Please review the detailed Job Description and submit your application online on the following link (please copy and paste the link in your browser):
JSIPL subscribes to a policy of equal opportunity. Applicants for employment will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, caste, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Please note that the last date of applying for this position is October 31, 2022 and only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.
Qualifications and Skills
JSIPL seeks a results-oriented individual with the ability to produce high quality deliverables, managing multiple concurrent tasks, and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail. The successful candidate is required to have:
- A Medical degree or a related degree in life sciences/social sciences/social work is essential. A post graduate qualification in Public Health/Community Medicine/PSM /other relevant subjects is preferable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of working in the field of Public Health at national/state level with at least 3 years of work experience in immunization field at national/state level in an immunization related project. Work on gender related issues will be an asset.
- Knowledge of public health issues, routine immunization program, M&E, research, and supply chain management. Knowledge of challenges and opportunities in DEI is desirable.
- Strong and proven documentation and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations; ability to network, work in multi-cultural team environment, and work harmoniously with multiple partners
- Strong written and oral communication with good presentation skills
- Willingness to undertake field travel to project areas for field monitoring and other support.
- Good working knowledge of computer applications, especially MS office. Knowledge of statistical software will be an added advantage.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.