The Conservation & Community Development Manager will be responsible for continuing the implementation and improvement of our community conservation projects in India.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated and able to adapt to a rapidly changeable environment. They will be a great all-rounder with experience working on similar projects, as well as possessing a thorough understanding of team management, high-level relationship building, fundraising and partnerships, as well as project design within an environmental conservation and/or development context.
- Refining, updating and leading PCFML’s waste management and coastal remediation campaigns in India.
- Working closely with national and international consultants to continue to develop our Composting and Hydroponic (CaHP) systems and carbon offset methodologies.
- Scoping fisheries partnerships and campaigns in line with the 2022-2025 Strategic Plan.
- Expanding and managing our on-ground team in India: including setting annual work plans, priorities and goals, completing performance reviews, staff meetings and overseeing our team.
- An ability to attract, recruit, organise and manage our local team, volunteers and interns from India and abroad.
- Overseeing the operation of our Marine Conservation Centre (MCC) and Ocean Innovation Hub (OIH).
- Creating interactive story maps based on our programs, utilising ArcGIS and Survey123 technology.
- Planning and overseeing our community, business and school education programs in the region.
- Liaising with our regional financial and legal partners to ensure reporting and compliance requirements are in order.
- Working with the development team to create a sustainable fundraising model, including philanthropic and statutory grants, corporate partnerships and individual donations, while understanding the complexities of international fundraising programs to resource our local programs.
- Supporting the preparation of engagement materials including policy briefs, news stories and reports, while maintaining relationships with media outlets, journalists and reporters in order to strategically position the organisation.
- Managing events across the region.
- Providing regular updates to the CEO, as well as formal feedback to the CEO and board on a monthly basis.
ROLE AND REMUNERATION DETAILS
Our office is located in Kovalam Beach, Kerala, India. The role will be offered on a 12-month contract with the possibility to extend for the right person.
A very competitive remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate. It will include a base salary and bonuses, as well as healthcare and a project-based travel allowance.
This role is open to Indian Nationals only.
To apply please send a cover letter (three A4 page maximum) responding to each of the KEY SELECTION CRITERIA, as well as a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly ‘Conservation & Community Development Manager India Application’ in the subject of your email.
A <90 second video outlining why/how you will thrive in this position, linked to your background and experience will be highly regarded.
Applications will be open until we have found the right candidate so please apply as soon as you can.