The State Consultant- Gender is expected to provide high-quality techno-managerial support at the policy and program level on issues related to gender equality, gender-based violence, and women empowerment that ultimately aims to reverse son preference. The position will encompass technical assistance for planning, programming, coordination and liaising with key stakeholders and shall be responsible for the following:
(1) Provide Technical Assistance to WCDC to strengthen OSCs in Bihar;
(2) Provide Technical Assistance to WCDC to strengthen the implementation of The Sexual
Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition, and Redressal) Act, 2013 in Bihar
(3) Continuously identify critical issues on women and girls in Bihar through empirical
research and present dissemination material (small documents, concept notes and
ppt). Prepare strategy notes, action plans, LFAs;
(4) Provide technical support to WDC in priority policies, schemes and programmes with
focus on multi-sectoral, gender transformative and human rights-based approaches.
NATURE OF ENGAGEMENT:
The State Consultant- Gender shall be hired on a consultancy contract through Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd. (SAMS), a respected HR Agency.
6. REMEUNERATION & PER DIEMS:
The selected candidate will be paid a consolidated amount of Rs. 75,000 per month.
7. LOCATION: Patna, Bihar
8. DURATION: The successful candidate shall be issued successive consultancy contracts for a period of one year by UNFPA’s third-party payrolling partner(s).
The initial contract from the date of joining till December 31, 2022, shall be issued by SAMS. The subsequent contract for the balance period shall be issued by SAMS and/or UNFPA’s successor third-party payrolling partner.
9. REFERENCE: SCG-BR-UNFPA
10. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 2684 2162; 4165 3612
11. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to apply using the link https://recruitment.samshrm.com/Jobs/UNFPA, by or before October 30, 2022.
UNFPA is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women are encouraged.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
(1) Applicant must have Masters in Social Work/ Social Sciences/ Women’s Studies/ Rural
Development/ Public Health/ related fields.
(1) Atleast 4-6 years’ experience of work on empowerment of women and girls or related fields;
(2) Working experience or familiarity with programmes on child marriage, PCPNDT Act,
PWDVA, POSH Act and response mechanisms for survivors of gender-based violence, will be an added advantage;
(3) Experience of working with the Government;
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Good Planning and coordination skills;
(2) Good training, communication and writing skills;
(3) Good skills in operating computers and MS Office package;
(4) Creative skills and ability in planning, monitoring and advocacy programs;
(5) Ability to understand and address development related issues;
(6) Ability to work with a diverse group and settings