The job description and responsibilities for the Salt Sub Extender are as follows:
(1) Program Implementation
- Responsible to engage with the salt processors in the assigned districts, providing them with technical guidance for implementation of quality assurance protocol in their unit;
- Ensure implementation of the project as per the operational strategy document and the PIP. Visit salt processing units as per the approved work plan, to collect salt samples as per the salt samples collection protocol
- Analyze processor wise and center wise quality control data to engage with salt processors and develop center specific strategies to improve iodization
- Lead/support in conducting programs / workshops / conferences to ensure production of adequately iodized salt, periodically as outlined in the project;
- Upload quality control data on a weekly basis, on the web-based MIS software;
- Follow-up with recipients of support and ensure that these are being put to the use as specified in various agreements;
- Maintenance of records for the various activities specified and periodically verify the same;
(2) Management of field Lab
- Collect salt samples in their assigned area as per Operational Strategy document and dispatch to project laboratory.
- Ensure that the salt analysis result is shared with the salt processors along with the corrective guidance for maintaining the level of iodization.
- Monitor the working of the processors level labs and provide required hand holding support to the chemist.
- Work in harmony with the program team and other program partners.
(3) Documentation, Evaluation and Dissemination
- Support the hired agency(s) in conducting various new/ongoing assignments in the assigned districts;
- Provide support in conducting baseline and end line studies undertaken under the projects in the assigned districts;
- Provide support in sharing the findings of study reports with state level stakeholders;
- Assists in preparing/developing project dissemination tools (reports, case studies, flyers etc) in coordination with the team at state team;
(4) Relationship Development
- Develop and maintain relationships with key government officials in the assigned districts;
- Develop and maintain key partner relationships in the assigned districts;
- Prepare the monthly work plan and submit the same to the Project Manager (PM) by 15th of every month
- Support PM in the preparation of monthly progress reports and relevant annexure
- Submit trip report with important issues identified or action points within 7 days of the completion of the report
- Submit fees and expenses to Project Manager for approval by 22nd of the month
Submit a comprehensive end of assignment report which details achievement vis a vis objectives set, along with a note which provides subjective narration of experiences, learning from the assignment etc. which are relevant and may be replicable in other settings.
Reporting: Salt Extender (Gujarat)
Closing Date for applications: 05th November 2022
Email for receiving applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration of Assignment: October 2022 – March 2023. (Initial contract would be till March 2023, which may be extended based on performance and availability of resources.
INR 30000/- (Rupees Thirty Thousand Only) per month excluding communication and travel expense reimbursement as per organization norms
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can mail their CV, Current CTC and Notice Period at email@example.com by 05-11-2022. Please include the following in the subject line – Salt Sub Extender - (Consultants) - Salt Iodization Program