Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data collection related to Remote Sensing and GIS
- Conduct data digitization (shapefiles, DBs) and image interpretation.
- Provide all necessary field support and support to the Programme Manager, GIS Developer and Android Developer in implementation of changes in JHAR- CRISP tool
- Assist in training and capacity building of State MGNREGS functionaries, project team, PRI members and communities on climate information services, climate risk management and monitoring of climate impacts.
- Development of modules for field-based GIS planning, IEC and other such referral learning materials.
- Plan and conduct capacity building of the team on the use of GIS based planning and climate information tool CRISP-M developed by IIED UK and JSAC.
- Composition of high -resolution GIS maps.
- Developing monitoring indicators for planning, implementation and capturing of outputs for watershed project and MGNREGAS climate resilient works.
- Responsible for developing training manual, modal on GIS planning and implementation at the field level.
- Responsible for facilitating necessary planning and implementation, building capacities of stakeholders and supporting the team in activity implementation on the different components of climate resilience infrastructure development in the operational area.
- Guide the project team in developing mini and micro watershed plans with the inclusion of forest fringe villages to strengthen climate actions on the basis of ridge to valley approach.
- Plan and guide the team to undertake activities to increase participation of marginalised communities’ promotion of climate resilience approaches in MGNREGA planning and NRM works.
- Assist the GIS Developer in day-to-day management of the overall project including effective implementation and document progress towards the achievement of outputs.
- Undertake monitoring and review visits to ensure timely implementation of project activities and achievement of agreed milestones in a time bound manner.
- Prepare work plans, produce timely reports – financial and progress reports, generate periodic updates/ reports to be shared with donors and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for periodic reports both programmatic and financial to the donor ensuring its quality and correctness.
- Support and mentor the team in preparing block specific plans/ strategies within the agreed outcome framework to ensure progress of the project in a time bound manner.
- Organize regular project review sessions with Gram Panchayat implementers, Districts and Block implementers and monthly meetings with other team members of PHIA, with the aim of establishing and/or verifying emerging needs, update progress, gaps and priorities.
- Overall coordination with different project teams in the state and support in implementation and monitoring of the project.
- Contribution to other leadership functions and roles in the state of Jharkhand.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply through this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSencd2iAfUDRA6NY6F2Uxh4OdXe9-1HT6aaO5NlQUNMeGadJQ/viewform with an updated resume including the names of two referees, one of whom should be your present or last Reporting Manager, by or before 05th November 2022. The interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as we keep on receiving applications till a suitable candidate is found, so the applicants are advised to apply as early as possible.
PHIA constantly strives to have an inclusive and diverse team and individuals from marginalised sections like Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and others, women and other gender identities are encouraged to apply. Owing to the high number of applications expected, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us by 05th November 2022 kindly assume that your application has not been considered this time by us.