Reporting to the Better Cotton Capacity Building Manager based in India, the Coordinator will work very closely with the Better Cotton Programme Team, Climate Change Manager, Knowledge Partners and Programme Partners based in India.
Research, Capacity Building and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Be the technical focal point for Climate Change and Natural Resource Management for Better Cotton India Programme
- Conduct/coordinate action-oriented technical research to understand climate related risks and vulnerabilities in project areas, and help Better Cotton Programme Partners identify measures to mitigate those and integrate them in their programmes
- Support Better Cotton Programme Partners in climate change adaptation and mitigation planning
- Develop and institute courses for key project staff to build their theoretical understanding of climate change, and equip them with relevant tools, guidelines and procedures to identify appropriate adaptation and mitigation measures.
- Support Programme Partners in developing effective and impactful training modules on climate change to be used for training farmers and other cotton communities
- Identify appropriate and context relevant climate-smart agriculture and NRM technologies and techniques, and support Partners identify and implement their practical applications.
- Identify possibilities to build institutional capacity to increase adaptive capacities of cotton communities
- Support the development of advocacy, communication and outreach strategies related to climate change and identify possibilities to influence policy on climate action in the context of sustainable agriculture and NRM, and effectively engage with relevant stakeholders
- Identify potential areas for collaboration with relevant stakeholders on climate action and natural resource management.
- Provide technical support to Partners, or identify and effectively work together with relevant stakeholders capable of providing technical support to Programme Partners on natural resource management to equip better adaption to climate change, through participatory and inclusive approaches.
The position is full-time (40 hours per week) and will be based in New Delhi. Better Cotton offers flexible working, with core hours being 10am – 4pm and the option to work from home part of the time, if desired.
Interested applicants with the required attributes are requested to apply via this link. Please note that you will need to upload a detailed CV (2 pages maximum) and a motivational letter (1 page maximum), in English via the above link. Please note that we will not process any applications which are not submitted via the link above; but if you face any difficulty in accessing the above link, please reach out by email email@example.com with subject line: “Application for the position of Coordinator – Climate Change and Natural Resource Management, India”.
Application deadline: 06. 11. 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates short-listed for a written test will be contacted. Better Cotton is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to good practice and transparency in the management of natural, human, and financial resources.