What you would do
S/ he shall
Policy Analysis, benchmarking, and networking
In line with National Education Policy and Sightsavers strategy on Inclusive Education,
• Carry out policy analysis to identify major gaps between policy and practice and to strategically frame priority issues and identify opportunities to influence and engage decision makers and stakeholders by taking integrated approach to policy change, influencing and supporting Government and other service providers.
• Support in conducting benchmarks that will ensure public policies stays relevant for Children with special needs (CWSN) inclusiveness and supports LEPRA Inclusive Education strategy.
• The Consultant will provide technical support to the state Samarga Shiksha (Education Department) for operationalization of Inclusive Education component in the states, as specified in National Education Policy (NEP) and LEPRA Inclusive Education strategy.
• Establish networks with peers, civil societies, existing OPDs (Organization of Persons with Disability) and NGOs at state levels keeping abreast of external environment and Government initiatives that impacts LEPRA strategy on Inclusive education.
• Successfully use key influencing strategies like facilitation, sensitization, sharing best practices, sharing tools and processes, and supporting service providers for policy development depending on the situation.
• Ensure benefits to CWSN as per the social security and Inclusive education schemes.
Remuneration: Rs.55,000 (CTC) per month
How to apply
If you have the skills and necessary experience and are interested in this role please email your application along with detailed resume in the specified format downloaded from www.leprasociety.in (careers column) to email@example.com specifying the REF.NO in the subject line.
“Women candidates are encouraged to apply”
“Only Shortlisted candidates will be communicated at every stage”
Qualification and Experience
Minimum qualification of a university post graduate degree and preferably a professional course in Education or Inclusive Education
• An experienced and mature person capable of working independently and interact extensively with Programme technical team.
• Knowledge and skills in influencing techniques, and methodologies for designing training curriculum and facilitate workshop.
• Experience in drafting different documents- reports, proposals, position documents and communiques.
• Proven ability to work with complex data, analysing, evaluating, and synthesizing accurately and comprehensively.
• Ability to communicate orally and writing with diverse audience including, State and district Samargra Shiksha (Education department), public, service providers, and local officials, community advocates and private sector representatives.
• Strong interest in inclusive education, disability and issues relating to vulnerable population and comfortable to represent LEPRA at state level to external bodies.
• Proven experience in organising public events and production of written public communication.
• Positive experience working with local, state and national partners and stakeholders’ relationship building.