The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Contribute as a member of OneCGIAR global breeding informatics group to provide data management support for targeted breeding programs in crop breeding networks (CGIAR, NARES, SMEs).
- Support network breeding programs to develop and implement best practice & data management workflows.
- Providing onsite training workshops on breeding data management system (Like BMS, EBS etc.) and other digitalization tools.
- Help in the development and implementation of a strategic plan for adoption of software, digitization, and standardized protocols.
- Perform plant breeding data management operation.
- Contribute to organizing and delivering OneCGIAR training programs in data management including BMS, barcoding, digitalization, and other related topics.
- Commit to continuous improvement in skills related to data management.
- Commit to continuous improvement to meet the service and operational needs of a modern breeding program.
- Support the integration of roles and projects into the new OneCGIAR global units
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 3 years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Tuesday, 8 November, 2022 to Human Resources, CIMMYT
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN22186 in the subject of your email).