- Work closely with the Project Manager to finalize the work plan and intervention package, based on the Formative Research findings.
- Be responsible for on boarding the project team: Block Coordinators (6 in number covering two blocks) and facilitate their orientation on the project and their roles and responsibilities.
- Establish rapport with the project stakeholders at state, district and block level, introduce the project and staff to the district administration and solicit their buy-in and support through regular updates on the project progress.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of the program activities in the assigned district, as per the project work plan in close coordination with the Project Manager, Block Coordinators and national/state team of NI.
- Support Project Manager in development of operational guidelines and training package for capacity building of Frontline Workers.
- Conduct training sessions for district officials and support in organizing AMB trainings, monitor quality of trainings delivered, prepare workshop reports and share feedback during review meetings.
- Support in developing checklist for assessment of Village Health Sanitation and Nutrition Days (VHSNDs). Coordinate with block and district officials for development of model VHSND sites (1 per block).
- Conduct field visits to different facilities with Block Coordinators and district officials and share findings with officials at the district level for timely corrective action.
- Identify and implement community engagement practices to engage family members especially husbands and mother in -laws for adherence and care to pregnant women, lactating mothers during ANC and PNC and preconception (through VHND, home visits, health facilities etc.)
- Conduct advocacy meetings with district officials and facilitate discussions about budget allocations and or provisioning to support implementation, procurement, training, and awareness
- Work closely and collaborate with agency selected to conduct assessment of Supply Chain Management and assist them in developing state/ district wise detailed work plan and recommendations
- Provide technical support to the district and state dept. in annual forecasting for procurement of IFA (Red), and Calcium supplements in appropriate quantities and quality (as per the technical specifications for PW & LW)
- Provide guidance and assistance to the district in ensuring adequate availability of IFA, Ca & FA supplies at the relevant Service Delivery Points (SDPs) across the districts
- Lead the roll out of BCI intervention in the assigned district.
- Conduct monthly stock assessment at program delivery points (district, block, SDPs) to understand forecasting practices, availability of supplies, provide support to adapt distribution strategies using inventory management principles
- Be responsible for data management and preparation of monthly and quarterly progess reports for the activities conducted at the district level. Share monthly progress report with the district stakeholders.
- Responsible for managing the team of Block Coordinators, and ensuring timely accomplishment of the project deliverables and results.
- Document success stories and best practices in close coordination with the Block Coordinators.
- Support NI team in dissemination of project learnings.
- Ensure optimum utilization of program budgets and preparation of presentations, reports, deliverables, as required.
- Perform or assume other duties as assigned by the Project Manager/Project Lead.
How to apply:
Please review the detailed Job Description and submit your application online on the following link (please copy and paste the link in your browser):
JSI India subscribes to a policy of equal opportunity. Applicants for employment will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, caste, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. Women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that the last date of applying for this position is 10th November’22 and only the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview.