The CVH Consultant (Monitoring and evaluation) will work closely with the DteGHS and NCD division in the MoHFW at national level :
• To liaise with the state governments and central government in coordinating the implementation of IHCI/NCDs in the states
• Periodically review and monitor the implementation of IHCI to ensure alignment with national targets
• To facilitate harmonious implementation through partner coordination
• To facilitate sharing of lessons among the implementing states and with other states for potential scale up in other districts
• To transfer learnings to other national NCD programmes
Scope of services:
Under the overall guidance of the NPO-CVD the incumbent will have following responsibilities but not limited to:
• Facilitate policy support as needed for enabling implementation of the essential components of the project
• Liaise with national, state, and/or district level authorities and key non-governmental partners inter alia to enhance commitment for hypertension treatment and control
• Provide technical support for extending the services for hypertension management to the community level and thereby provide patient-friendly services.
• Develop reports and strategic documents required for information and decision making by the MoHFW
• To apprise the Ministry at the centre of progress in the project implementation and any challenges
• Liaise and coordinate with partner agencies through periodic meetings of the Technical Advisory Group and the Steering Committee for information sharing and reviews
• Coordinate with CVHOs in the state and district level for streamlining implementation of the project and clear documentation
• Other technical assistance activities as deemed appropriate
• Coordinate with the WHO-India national NCD team to support other NCD programmes/activities.
• Contribute and leverage other relevant National Programmes.
Additional Information: The position may require extensive travel (can be upto about 15 days in a month) to the states and districts
Duration of the consultancy: One year, extendable based on performance and project support
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
Other Skills: Excellent knowledge of computer applications; ability to make oral and written presentations on technical issues; and ability to write detailed, coherent, and concise briefing documents.
Qualifications & Experience:
Graduate in Medical Science or related degree with post-graduate in public health
At least five years of professional experience of working with governments in the area of public health
Languages: High level of proficiency in English