The incumbent is responsible for achieving the fundraising targets from corporate donors, in alignment with the fundraising strategy for the team. The role focusses on gathering business intelligence, including donor and competitor information to identify and then pursue new funding opportunities aligned with SC’s geographic and thematic priorities (Big Ideas) and position Save the Children, among potential corporate donors, as the leading child rights organization in India. The role also helps deliver on account management strategies for current and new key accounts, with a focus on identifying opportunities, positioning for and responding to those, and securing funds.
Role & responsibilities:
- Achieve new raise targets (multiyear grants) by identifying, approaching and procuring funds from potential corporate donors.
- Map, assess, build relationships with, and pursue new domestic donor opportunities and international donors as required and suggested by CP Acquisition Lead, in alignment with SC India’s strategy.
- Develop presentations and customized collateral for prospective partners/donors.
- Facilitate the proposal development process.
- Serve as a bridge between external donors / stakeholders and internal teams (programming, awards, finance etc.)
- Utilize available tools for fundraising and participate in capacity building initiatives recommended by NBD team in consultation with CP Acquisition Lead.
- Support grant negotiations as needed – and work with Award Management to ensure orientation and handover to Operations, Program Thematic, Finance, Awards of new grants and clear understanding of accountabilities for trouble-shooting and addressing implementation issues.
- Identify events, conferences and speaking engagements that raise the visibility of Save the Children and our work among the potential donors.
- Identify other innovative ways of fundraising particularly through cause-related marketing, workplace giving, and employee engagement partnerships.
- Readiness to work in irregular hours during events, emergency response etc. as and when required.
Measures of Performance:
- No. of strategic long term partnerships built
- New donors mapped
- Set target achieved
- New opportunities identified and targeted
- Win rates
- Direct (solid-line) to (administrative): Sr. Manager-Corporate Partnerships
- Matrix (dotted-line) to (functional):
- Direct reports (line management responsibility if any):
Key relationships: (Internal & External stakeholders)
Internal Stakeholders (collaborates with): NBD, PP Thematic and Big Idea Leads, PP Implementation (Hub and Project offices), Award Management, Growth Initiatives/CEC
External stakeholders: relevant donors, peer organizations in states
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a competitive market environment with skills set to build new business relationships with potential clients
Development Sector Background is desirable
Post-Graduation in Marketing/PR from a recognised institute
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in leading in team/leadership skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Strong results orientation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Office IT packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Behavioural: (Refer to Competency framework – select up to 5 key or relevant competencies for this role)
- Delivering results
- Developing self and others
- Problem solving and decision making
- Innovating and adapting
- Working effectively with others