The position of Team Leader/Senior Manager is a leadership position to help build and implement various programs for the Centre of Excellence. The position holder would engage in program delivery and technical effectiveness and evidence-based advocacy for a sustainable food and nutrition security. In addition, the Team Leader/Senior Manager will contribute to academic teaching in his/her domain areas for the MPH and MBA (Health Management) programmes, implemented by the AIPH University. The Team Leader /Senior Manager will be responsible for overall management and execution of activities and programs. S/he shall participate in the discussions; assist the members in coming to conclusions and perform such other functions as may be entrusted by the Director or Dean (SPH).
Key Organizational Relationships:
Reports to the Director and Dean (SPH)
- Working Groups
- Donors and development partners
- Central and State Government Officials and other stakeholders
- AIPH leadership team
- Legal retainers and key vendors
- Strategic thinking and leadership abilities
- Excellent management, negotiation, and advocacy skills
- Experience in managing/leading high-volume programs, multi stakeholder platforms, campaigns, and movements
- Ability to build shared purpose, energy, and enthusiasm into the center of excellence’s team
- Ability to operate within the corporate and public sectors to effectively liaise with development agencies, social activists, and governments in different cultures
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, expert problem solving, and creativity
- Strong communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Ability to coach, mentor and provide guidance to supervised staff
- Sets and maintains high standards of performance for self and effectively encourages other staffs to do so
- Knowledge and skill on introducing and implementing GED (Gender Equity and Diversity) principles
Compensation package will be amongst the best in the industry.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating Nutrition Team Leader/Senior Manager in the subject line by November 15, 2022. Three letters of reference (with at least one from the current/last institution) should be sent by the referees “directly” to the same email address with the candidate’s name in the subject heading. Letters coming via the candidates will not be accepted.
Advanced Degree (Masters/PhD) in Social Sciences (such as Economics, Sociology), Public Policy, Public Health, Management, Health, and Nutrition
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Local language
- Willingness and ability to travel within India and globally.
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Competencies: Personal Attributes
- High level integrity
- Independence and initiative
- Sound judgment
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to cooperate with others and work in a participatory manner
- Self confidence
- Proactive with a commitment to quality and accuracy with close attention to detail.
- High flexibility and occasional availability to work outside regular working hours.
- Excellent communication skill in an environment requiring diplomacy and good judgment.
- Sense of humour.
Conditions of employment
The Team Leader/Senior Manager would work as a regular staff of the AIPH university on mutually agreed terms of contract.
- 5-10 years of experience in food systems, health, and nutrition space
- Experience of key management positions in development organizations, alliances, industry, etc.
- Technical experience in issues related to food and nutrition security
- Experience in academic teaching in areas related to public health and health/hospital management
- Project and team management experience
- Proven track record in research and publications
- Proven track record in developing and managing relationships with diverse stakeholders (especially government)
- Experience in mobilising and managing multi-donor funding
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, matrixes, global organisation
- Experience in working with a multi-cultural environment