The position is responsible for providing accounting and reporting in accordance with ChildFund Policies and Procedures. The Officer, Finance will ensure that applicable statutory and tax requirements are complied with. S/ he will also facilitate audits and provide financial reports for analysis and donor reporting.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Participate & Coordinate with Specialist, Programs, and team in Annual Plan & Budget Process.
- General Accounting and Bookkeeping.
- Ensure all financial transactions have the appropriate and required supporting document in compliance with ChildFund policies and procedures, donor terms and conditions and sound internal controls.
- Ensure accurate and complete accounting entries of all financial transactions which includes fund transfers, check vouchers and journal vouchers.
- Review the supporting documents and enter payment requests into accounts payable module for processing of payment.
- Ensure timely preparation of checks and fund transfers and disbursement of all payments to suppliers, partners, employees and thirds parties (including tax office, social security).
- Ensure that local receipts from local contributions, sponsorships and other local collections are correctly identified to its funding classifications.
- Ensure payroll allocations and charges to grants, cost centers, intercompany accounts are correctly coded and entered into the books.
- Ensure recurring entries of depreciation and amortizations.
- Support in the maintenance of asset registers through annual counts and reconciliations.
- Cash Flow and Bank Account Management.
- Ensure that all bank account balances maintained are properly reconciled with book balances.
- Ensure adequate cash/funds to implement the operations and program activities.
- Liaise with IO and banks in the creation/opening, maintaining and closure of ChildFund bank accounts.
- Support in effectively managing Bank Relations.
- Build capacity of staff on finance management & statutory compliance.
- Review the monthly financial reports shared by the field team. Compile and submit the consolidated monthly financial statement of Zonal Office to Manager, Finance.
- Any other task assigned by the Line Manager.
Qualifications/ Experience/ Competencies:
- Post graduate degree or degree in Finance/ Commerce /Accounts.
- At least 5 years’ experience in accounts.
- Strong knowledge of Tally and other accounting software.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, International Accounting Standards, internal controls, and segregation of duties.
- Good understanding of administrative, financial and general management principles and skilled in financial reporting, budgeting and taxes.
- Willingness to travel to remote locations when required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English and Hindi).
- Be gender sensitive with strong conviction and skills for the empowerment of excluded and disadvantaged children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Use the below link to apply for the position.
Last Application date: November 15,2022
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.