• Support anganwadi supervisors to plan capacity-building sessions for anganwadi workers and helpers on Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) concept.
• Under the guidance of the Project Coordinator (ECD) and the Programme Officer (ECD and Education), support the development of training modules for Supervisors, Anganwadi Workers and Helpers
• Organise cluster-level meetings with the anganwadi supervisors and community meetings to improve parent involvement in child development.
• Encourage anganwadi supervisors to actively participate in block level training sessions
• Support two- three anganwadi supervisors in their respective catchment areas
• Collaboratively work with anganwadi supervisors to develop 7-8 anganwadi centres as Model Centers in the given catchment areas
• Demonstrate Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) activities with the support of anganwadi supervisors during joint visits to anganwadi centres, as well as components of Responsive Care during home visits. S/he shall ensure that these child-centric activities are organized at the centers frequently.
• Provide support to anganwadi workers on the formation of “Matri Samiti” (Mothers’ Group), facilitate regular meetings of these groups, building their understanding and capacity on ECD and ECCE. Where feasible, use the existing platform of women SHGs to further disseminate improved practices of ECD, ECCE and responsive care.
• Ensure regular formative assessments of children enrolled at anganwadi centres.
• Gather program-related information and data during field visits for the project's management information system (MIS)
• Prepare field visits and monthly progress reports and share them with the Project Coordinator- Early Childhood Development Program
• Other than the ECD workforce, she/he will coordinate with the other key stakeholders, including teachers, Panchayat Raj Institution (PRI) members, and community representatives.
• Carry out any additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the State Programme Manager (Uttar Pradesh) and Project Coordinator (Early Childhood Development Program) from time to time.
• Graduate/Postgraduate qualification in Social Work/ Social Science/Education or any similar discipline and passionate to work with marginalised communities.
• A minimum of two years of experience in a similar role, with a specific focus on ECD/ECCE concepts.
• Good understanding of Early Childhood Education or Pre-primary Education.
• Willingness to update himself/ herself on changes in ECE/ Education domain and proactively support AWS and AWW to implement these changes in their respective areas.
• Strong facilitation skills and ability to facilitate training through participatory methods.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication (both verbal and written) in Hindi and the local language are essential.
• Self-driven and highly motivated, with a commitment to improving the quality of life of marginalized communities and a willingness to travel extensively, especially within the Bahraich district.
• Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and Ms PowerPoint is required.