depending on the agreement from PR.
What PPM would do:
• Sensitize Prisons’ and OCS officials on health rights of the inmates and about the services to be delivered under the program.
• Coordinate with district health functionaries and other stakeholders to ensure their support in providing testing and treatment facilities to the inmates.
• Get permissions from Prisons and OCS and organize HIV, TB, STI and HCV screening camps with support of local SA-ICTCs, DTO, DSRC, and NVHCP officials.
• Facilitate establishment of District Oversight Committee (DOC) involving prisons, OCS, district health functionaries (such as DAPCU / DNO, DTO, TI projects, DLNs / CSC, SA-ICTC, DSRC, other health officials) and ensure regular meetings of the DOC to develop a coordination mechanism at the district level.
• Sensitize prison officials on issues related to HIV and other infectious diseases and conduct site-sensitization activities
• Coordinate with prison and OCS officials for the selection of the Prison Peer Volunteers (PPV).
• Train the PPVs on HIV and other related health issues and the project’s intervention model
• Organize various IEC and recreation activities inside prisons and OCS (such as mass awareness generation sessions, group counselling sessions, competitive games and activities)
• Educate inmates on prevention and harm reduction, positive living and treatment adherence through IEC/BCC activities and one-to-one and group counselling.
• Work in close coordination with the local SA-ICTC, ARTC, DSRC, DTO, and OST centers to ensure HIV, STI, and TB testing and treatment services for prisons and OCS inmates
• Saturate the coverage of inmates in prisons and OCS allocated to the PPM, and ensure HIV services for all new inmates
Remuneration : Rs.14,000 (CTC) per month
How to apply?
If you have the skills and necessary experience and are interested in this role please email your application along with detailed resume in the specified format downloaded from www.leprasociety.in (careers column) to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the REF.NO in the subject line.
LEPRA Society is an equal opportunity employer.
LEPRA Society’s management reserves the right to modify the contents of this position description at any time.