To maintain accurate accounts and manage day-to-day transactions and ensure smooth functioning of the Finance and the Administration Division at Sangama.
Finance Division Role :
• To help maintain smooth functioning of finance department
• To manage the bills and vouchers of the organization on a regular basis
• To manage and maintain the Cash register on a daily basis
• May be called upon to meet the donor requirements in financial reporting
(quarterly, half yearly & annual as the case may be)
• To keep a track advances and loans with the help of Tally accounting software
• To prepare the audited utilization certificates for project grants
• Ensure the systematic maintenance and storage of records and review of vouchers • Analyze the bills for programme advance settlements.
• Keep track of pending advances and send regular reminders
• To distribute and record petty cash payments and receipts
• To analyze bills and disburse payments for small projects
• To maintain vouchers of all the projects and stamping the vouchers
• To maintain daily cash confirmations for all projects and accurate records and up-todate filing of correspondence and other documents.
• To enable and support the team preparations for 6-monthly peer audit
• To be responsible for the accurate and timely accounting of all the transactions.
• To keep track of all the bank accounts and deposits and ensure regular updation and bank reconciliation of the same.
• To work with the other team members across locations with regard to the program related advances and reimbursements.
• To ensure timely monthly payroll transactions.
• To continue with the good liaison with auditors, bankers and other external stakeholders.
Admin Division Role :
• Management of staff files and regular updating of records
• Updating Attendance sheets on a daily basis
• Collection of Documents
• Fixed Assets tracking and updating of list of Assets on the purchase of new assets
• Maintenance of rental agreements and updation of the same
• Tracking of available stationery
• Managing office supplies and place orders
• Organize and arrange travel and accommodations
• Distribute and store correspondence (Letters, email and packages)
• Assist in scheduling in-house and external events
POSITION DETAILS :
Reports to: Senior Finance and Admin Manager
Position: Full time
Salary: As per Industry standards
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to send their resumes with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to keep shortlisting and finalizing the candidates without waiting for closure of the advertisement. So interested candidates are requested to apply at the earliest.
We believe in affirmative action and particularly encourage people from the marginalized backgrounds to apply, including sexual/gender minorities, people living with HIV, adult children of sex workers, dalits, adivasis, women, religious minorities and people with disabilities.
Skills/ Qualities Required:
• Finance Graduate – with 2 years experience, preferably in the social sector
• Good computer skills (including use of MS Office, Basic Tally skills (Bank reconciliation, checking ledgers)
• Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently
• Fluency in English and Kannada required
• Must have willingness to work and a scope for learning
Graduation - Graduate-Other