Purpose of Job The role is based in Delhi and works closely with the Chief of Party, Saksham (from PATH India). The role leads a team of 18 people spread across 3 states. The purpose of this role is to lead Saksham state teams to implement innovative interventions in pilot areas, document evidence, demonstrate outcomes and manage stakeholder expectations especially the consortium and funding partners at the national level
• National level Stakeholders: MOHFW, NITI Aayog
• Government: NHM, DoHFW
• Consortium Partners (PATH, JHPIEGO, Deloitte)
• Other development partners
• All Departments; MLE team, Operations teams of other projects, 104 Helplines, IT team
Role directly reports to
• Senior Vice President and Head, Tribal Health Collaborative, Piramal Swasthya
Positions that report into this role
State leads (Functional)
Functional relationship with IT Manager, Knowledge Management Officer, MEL team
Roles & Responsibilities
• Conceptualize, design and execute MNCH interventions while leading the state teams across three states, namely Assam, Chhattisgarh and Odisha.
• Ensure that the interventions are implemented in pilot districts and processes, outputs and outcomes are documented, to be shared with all stakeholders.
• The interventions must be able to create impact and an operational plan to ensure sustainability must also be developed.
• Design and lead community-based interventions in reference to agreed workplan
• Lead strategic planning, operations, monitoring and evaluation, and results-based management and reporting of Saksham intervention in all three intervention states
• Ensure the financial management of the project, by establishing detailed budgets linked to the activities contained in the work plan
• Responsible for managing and developing the team for better implementation of project on the ground
• Undertake visits to the states/ districts and provide program support to the teams and facilitate collaboration, communication, timely completion of project activities while ensuring program quality
• Provide technical assistance and managerial support in rolling out the health governance and accountability and Community Action for Health activities
• Provide technical oversight to ongoing interventions and ensure institutionalization of planned interventions
• Work in close liaison with the consortium partners and provide technical inputs to timely achieve project deliverables and outcomes
• Provide technical inputs in collaboration with consortium partners for the implementation of all project activities to timely achieve project deliverables and outcomes.
• Represent organization professionally with all consortium partners
• Foster collaborations with suitable development organizations, Governments to ensure transition of model interventions into sustained efforts
• Organize a network of prominent national and international policy experts and support a series of policy dialogue workshops or roundtables.
• Develop productive working relationships with other agencies, development and technical partners and National government counterparts and explore opportunities for collaboration
• Support the State team in aligning with the state health departments and program management units with program objectives
• Strengthen PPP models for improving MCH services and provide inputs and synthesis on the state specific health system issues and priorities
• Take initiative in the development of reports and dissemination of reports at national level
• Maintain organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
• Master’s degree in Public Health / Policy, Governance
• Master’s degree in social work with experience in Maternal and child health area
• 12 years’ experience in leading health system strengthening initiatives in the space of Maternal and Child Health, health governance, and community action for health.
• The incumbent must have experience in leading and operationalizing programs at national and state levels and working experience in a Government setup, working with NGOs and other relevant stakeholders
Post Graduation - Post Graduate-Other