This position will be based at the IRRI India Office in Varanasi, India and may only be filled by permanent citizens of India.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development, testing and validation of innovative remote sensing- based methods (using SAR, thermal, multispectral remote sensing sensors) to identify rice based cropping systems and management practices
- Evaluate, identify and characterize rice fallow, stress prone areas (flood, drought and salinity)
- Evaluate the research findings, and contribute to the writing of reports, research papers and other communication material
- Plan and design multiple experiments/surveys and research studies utilizing the Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Manage the data collection process for primary and secondary datasets from the field soil, water, weather and crops using appropriate devices
- Manage the drone-based monitoring of ISARC farm and its analytics
- Contribute to the ISARC and associated projects activities on related aspects/ themes under the guidance of the supervisor and ISARC Director/ technical coordinator
- Inform the immediate supervisor on the development of digital image processing, drone and GIS based activities
- Collaborate with scientists at advance research institutes and in the private sector to develop new research products
- Assist project leaders and/or collaborating partners to define the scope of research activities and harmonize the undertakings of the team(s) assigned in districts
- Contribute to the organization of CoCo, advisory committee, and other meetings and monitoring/ execution of actions to be taken related to their units /sub-units
- Lead the efforts on six monthly/annual/ other reports preparation of ISARC and associated projects of theme/ sub-theme
- Actively contribute to the drafting communication materials, news, bulletins, etc. of ISARC
- Contribution and work as resource persons for trainings/ exposure visits being organized by ISARC at the center/ at any project sites
In addition to the base salary indicated above, IRRI also offers the following allowances:
- House-Rent Allowance: IRRI provides a house rent allowance of 40% of base pay per month
- Transport Allowance: A monthly transport allowance of INR 5000
- Dearness Allowance: One Hundred and Thirteen percent (113%) of employee’s base pay
- Leave Travel Allowance (LTA): One-month base pay per annum, on availing minimum 2 days of vacation leave
- Education Allowance: INR 1000/- per child per month (limited 2 children)
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances. Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.