ROLE AND JOB PURPOSE
To provide technical support and services on Information & Communication Technology Environment within the India Country Office in line with Plan policies and procedures.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
• Maintain and manage the IT infrastructure in the country office.
• Ensuring all hardware, software & network resources are up and running.
• Ensure server/User’s backups and latest security & antivirus updates in all the machines.
• Install and troubleshoot Operating system, commercial applications, and Hardware and Networking issues for the users.
• Build capacity for the users on hardware & software use along with tips to troubleshoot common issues
• Liaison with manufacturers and service providers to get hardware support in case of warranty.
• Maintain and Manage the hardware and software licenses, AMC contracts & services and Renewals.
• Monitor the security risks and apply the policies and procedures.
• Configure, install, maintain and manage the servers, Desktop, Laptop and networking.
• Monitor that all the systems are up-to-date on antivirus, antispyware, upgrades, patches especially on Operating System updates to safeguard the systems from virus attack
• Analyze technical problems in relation to infrastructure and provide continuous support and solutions to minimize the down time for business continuity.
• Implement the data backup policy by scheduling regular data backups from the Server and setup user’s backup and schedule.
• Manage and Maintain Access levels to the file server and others
• Implement the passwords in all the systems to protect children data and others from unauthorized users through security controls and Internet Access Control.
• Liaisons with service providers, keeping track of data trafficking, monitors and ensure service level agreements.
• Keep track and up-to-date record on all hardware and software’s
• New/Renew Service contracts and maintain the records
• Install and troubleshoot Operating system, commercial applications, and Hardware and Networking issues for the users in the Country Office and ensure up and running.
• Liaison with manufacturers and service providers to get hardware support.
• Identify the frequent issues/problems on systems and build users capacity to manage and give an orientation / awareness for the staff to manage the systems effectively.
• Monitor the corporate standards for software and Hardware are followed in the country office.
• Liaison with Admin department for procurement and distribution of ICT related items.
• Ensure child protection through implementation of security controls and internet access policy in all the systems.
• Good network with vendors and service providers
ompensation and Employment:
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and safeguarding Children & Young People.
How to apply
Please send us your updated resume along with a suitability note (single Word document only) for the position of “IT Officer” at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention
“IT Officer” in the subject line. Please mention your current compensation details in your resume. Last date for sending applications is 25th November 2022. Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITIES
• The candidate should possess any graduate degree with a diploma in computer applications preferred with knowledge of hardware and networking.
• At least Three to Five years professional experience in Managing hardware and troubleshooting software installation issues.
• Adequate knowledge of Windows 10/11, Advanced Servers 2012, intranet/internet and common Microsoft Products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access/Outlook) and Network administration
• Good communication and training skills with hands-on approach.
• Ability to train staff on technology
Graduation - Diploma