The District Coordinator will be responsible to provide technical support to district and block ICDS stakeholders, develop capacities of government stakeholders and lead the implementation of the model panchayat ECD interventions in two blocks of Muzaffarpur district. The position will be required to work closely with communities, using a human-centred design approach to map challenges related to advancing ECD outcomes and a participatory community-led approach to identifying solutions and approaches to improve ECD outcomes for children in the 0-6 years age group.
- Provide technical support to ICDS and health functionaries on ECD at district and block levels. Technical support will prioritise ECD and responsive care for children in the first 1000 days, aligned with the key elements of the nurturing care framework.
- Using a human-centred design approach, facilitate dialogue with key stakeholders (parents, community institutions, gram panchayat members, anganwadi workers and anganwadi helpers,
- ASHA and ANM’s) to identify key challenges in improving ECD services and using a participatory, stakeholder led process, identify possible solutions to the development of childfriendly ‘model’ panchayats.
- Develop processes to disseminate key messages on responsive care and ECD through existing community institutions (eg women SHGs), supporting members of these institutions to emerge as
- ‘ECD champions’.
- Design training programmes for key stakeholders to advance ECD outcomes at the community and institution (Anganwadi/ Health Centre) levels.
- Support the community in developing low-cost resources to enhance child development and early stimulation/ learning.
- Provide regular hand holding support to all the stakeholders of ECD intervention in the model Panchayats.
- Facilitate capacity building activities for ICDS block level officers, Supervisors and support AWW’s training on the first 1000 days and ECD/ ECCE interventions.
- Build the capacity of other team members and volunteers working at the block / sector / AWC level as master trainers, and actively mentor and guide them to resolve issues at those levels.
- Liaise with ICDS and Health officials at the district/block level to strengthen overall understanding of ECD among communities.
The Aga Khan Development Network is an international group of private, non-denominational development agencies and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, often in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities. Visit us at www.akdn.org
The Aga Khan Foundation is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and will strive to ensure that all job applicants, staff and volunteers, do not suffer negative discrimination on the basis of their religion, race, caste, color, nationality, social class, sex, place of birth, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, HIV status, age etc. or any combination of these.