Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Sensitize Prisons’ and OCS officials on health rights of the inmates and about the services to be delivered under the program.
• Coordinate with district health functionaries and other stakeholders to ensure their support in providing testing and treatment facilities to the inmates.
• Get permissions from Prisons and OCS and organize HIV, TB, STI and HCV screening camps with support of local SA-ICTCs, DTO, DSRC, and NVHCP officials.
• Facilitate establishment of District Oversight Committee (DOC) involving prisons, OCS, district health functionaries (such as DAPCU / DNO, DTO, TI projects, DLNs / CSC, SA-ICTC, DSRC, other health officials) and ensure regular meetings of the DOC to develop a coordination mechanism at the district level.
• Sensitise prison officials on issues related to HIV and other infectious diseases and conduct site-sensitization activities
• Coordinate with prison and OCS officials for the selection of the Prison Peer Volunteers (PPV).
• Train the PPVs on HIV and other related health issues and the project’s intervention model
• Organise various IEC and recreation activities inside prisons and OCS (such as mass awareness generation sessions, group counselling sessions, competitive games and activities)
• Educate inmates on prevention and harm reduction, positive living and treatment adherence through IEC/BCC activities and one-to-one and group counselling.
• Work in close coordination with the local SA-ICTC, ARTC, DSRC, DTO, and OST centers to ensure HIV, STI, and TB testing and treatment services for prisons and OCS inmates
• Saturate the coverage of inmates in prisons and OCS allocated to the PPM, and ensure HIV services for all new inmates
• Coordinate with prison and OCS authorities and district health functionaries towards ensuring all STR cases are sent for confirmatory testing and treatment linkages
• Support the PPVs in providing counseling on positive living and treatment adherence to the HIV+ inmates, and in educating those inmates on various social protection schemes and motivating them to avail the schemes
Remuneration: 1.68 Lakh per annum
Interested candidates should mention the job code in the subject line and send their CV with covering letter in English/Hindi presenting self of the position on email@example.com and the last date of receiving application will be 25th November 2022 (till 5:30pm). Only short-listed candidates will be informed.
They will be called for an interview and written test.