The IT engineer will be responsible for providing technical support and maintenance/service of infrastructure at assigned locations across Gujarat. S/he will be deployed in the DE office, Amreli and will be responsible for overall IT management and meeting requirements at the office/school level.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage server and network issues at the school/office level;
- Testing, configuring, and troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking systems to meet the needs at the school level;
- Adequate knowledge of Java/Asp.net and ability to work as a developer;
- Train staff and manage overall IT requirements of the program;
- Digital device/tablet and application management;
- Coordinating with the service provider and other digital resource providers;
- Installation and update of content on a time-to-time basis;
- Maintaining a record of digital devices, tracking their use, and making a report to update the line manager;
- Take required/suggested actions based on device usage tracking;
- Take appropriate steps to improve device usage;
- Regular visits to the school to ensure effective implementation of the technical devices, gauge challenges, and solve issues appropriately;
- S/He will be responsible for providing technical support for training on techno-pedagogy and STEM methodology to master trainers and pre-service/in-service teachers;
- S/he will be responsible for capacity-building initiatives for the team on IT;
- Identify and support in designing ICT-based educational interventions;
- Develop IT user manual/ material whenever required;
- Assisting Project lead in various operations and administration work, if needed; &
- Any other work as assigned by the Project lead/the regional manager.
Other: Salary shall be commensurate with experience.
Initially, the contract shall be issued till 31st March 2023, renewable based on performance.
Position Availability: Immediately
Application Process: To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it to email@example.com with the subject line “IT Engineer” Amreli.
Deadline for applications: 28th November’ 2022
Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Qualifications and Experience:
BE/ B. Tech in computer or IT/MSc IT/MCA with one year of experience in the relevant sector (IT management).
Skills and Competencies:
- High-level problem-solving and logical thinking capabilities;
- High-level troubleshooting skills to solve hardware and networking-related issues;
- Good knowledge of various operating systems and program management;
- IT resource and information management skills;
- Good program knowledge and conversant with emerging technologies in the development sector;
- Skills in focusing on program quality and a positive approach to resolving challenges
- Good data analysis skills with program planning and design, monitoring, and evaluation frameworks and techniques;
- Strong in people management with a practical performance management approach and commitment;
- High level of networking and representation skills;
- Good analytical and numeracy skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible to change; &
- Ability to travel extensively.