The STEM Resource Person/trainer will be responsible for the programme management for its assigned locations in Gujarat. S/he will be deployed at Vidya Samiksha Kendra (VSK) / GCERT in Gandhinagar. S/He will be responsible for imparting training to master trainers and pre-service/in-service teachers in various DIETs. High level of liaison and networking at the State and district level would be required.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and support in designing ICT based educational interventions;
- Regular Vidya Samiksha Kendra (VSK)/GCERT/SSA visits to ensure effective implementation of the training programs, gauge its challenges and solve issues appropriately;
- S/He will be responsible for imparting training on techno-pedagogy and STEM methodology to master trainers and pre-service/in-service teachers in various DIETs;
- S/he be responsible for capacity building initiatives in cascade manner across State;
- Responsible to maintain the MIS of the program;
- Networking with other district officials and coordination with the DPEOs and DIET principals to update about the training programs;
- Responsible to submit monthly reports to the Project lead based on the key deliverables both financial and programmatic;
- Liaison with district and state functionaries and responsible for regular qualitative training programs;
- Responsible to bring in innovative ideas and to create visibility of the programme at districts and state level;
- Development of STEM kit with facilitator manual, worksheets and videos with the help of team;
- Develop STEM material in line with school curriculum;
- Develop standardized STEM sample kit that can be adopted across the state;
- Responsible for field visits to conduct STEM Workshops for Science & Math teachers of Gujarat;
- Assisting Project lead on any other innovative idea implementation for science;
- Assisting Project lead in various operations and administration work, if needed;
- Preparation of monthly newsletters for the government to submit on a regular basis to the Project lead;
- Capacity building of the team and share key outputs on their development with the Project Lead/Regional Manager/ HR; &
- Any other work as assigned by the Project lead/the Regional Manager.
Other: Salary shall be commensurate with experience.
Initially, the contract shall be issued till 31st March 2023, which is renewable on the basis of performance.
Position Availability: Immediately
Application Process: To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it to email@example.com with the subject line “STEM Resource Person” Gandhinagar.
Deadline for applications: 28th November, 2022
Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Post-graduation in science / technology / education with 5 – 8 years of experience in the relevant sector (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
Skills and Competencies:
- Good programme knowledge and conversant with emerging technologies in the development sector;
- Skills in focusing on programme quality and positive approach in resolving challenges;
- Good data analysis skills with programme planning and design, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and techniques;
- Strong on people management with effective performance management approach and commitment;
- High level of networking and representation skills;
- Good analytical and numeracy skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal;
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible to change; &
- Ability to travel extensively.