Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Maintain books of accounts of M.A.P as per established accounting practices that covers all elements of financial management, financial analysis, internal control and finance reporting for administration and technical program purposes.
• Processing consultancy, vendor, staff reimbursements and other monthly payments including statutory and utility payments duly supported by documents and after required approvals.
• Recording of expenses, receipts and payments in Tally system and closing books of accounts monthly on timely basis.
• Prepare monthly accounts, financial statements like receipts & Payments, budget vs expenses report, Bank reconciliation statement and other reports.
• Assist in developing financial reports as per donors’ requirement and submission of timely report to donors.
• Timely deposit of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS), prepare data for quarterly returns for further submission.
• Timely distribution of TDS certificates to consultants, staff and vendors.
• Assist in preparation of Annual accounts (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Account, Receipts & payments accounts etc.) for regulatory and donor audit.
• Assist in preparing FCRA reports and updating FCRA fund receipts in quarterly information sheets.
• Updation of interpreter payment sheet on a weekly basis and provide details to project team for further processing.
• Preparation and maintenance of Asset register for internal and external purposes.
• Maintenance of Finance folders in Zoho and updating finance calendar for monitoring.
• Maintaining appropriate files / records / and supporting documents towards meeting legal and statutory requirements.
• Closely work with Administration, executive management and program team. • Carry out any other duties assigned from time to time.
Interested candidates are requested to complete the Application Form on the link: https://forms.gle/6tq1gCyPdm9Ppkbs5 and upload their resume. The deadline for receiving applications is 5:00 pm (IST) on November 28, 2022.
• Step 1 - Shortlisted candidates undergo a preliminary interview with the HR team.
• Step 2 - Shortlisted candidates undergo a detailed interview with the technical / leadership team.
• Step 3 - Communication of outcome, reference checks, and document verification.
• Step 4 - Final offer.
* Due to limited capacity, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and we are unable to provide individual feedback to candidates. Any change in the timelines will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Graduate/Post graduate degree in B.Com, BBA and relevant degree in Accounting and finance.
• Minimum of Three years of accounting experience preferably with an international or local NGO. • Familiarity with various donor related compliance and reporting would be desirable.
• Proficient in Tally, Excel, Word and PowerPoint is essential. Knowledge of other financial reporting software is a plus.
• Knowledge of TDS, FCRA and 12A / 80G related compliances is preferable.
• Strong written and oral communications skills in English and Hindi is essential;
• Strong sense of personal integrity, attention to detail and understanding of confidentiality and ethics is essential;
• Open to Indian citizens only.