Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise the day-to-day delivery of research farm services (e.g. manpower allocation, maintenance and scheduling of activities) related to crop production, management of farm machinery and equipment, seed production, irrigation and drainage, and harvest, agrochemical services and pest control ensuring timely, effective and cost-efficient implementation of farm operations
- Ensure continuous improvement and optimum service delivery on Field Operations through the consistent review and analysis of existing and newly established processes (e.g. automation and outsourcing), SOPs, guidelines, technologies and equipment providing recommendations to rectify performance issues and process inefficiencies in liaison and discussion with IRRI HQ IRSP platform
- Provide support and information to IRRI regional hubs including state projects, country office, NARES and other partners in relation to farm management, operational standards, technology adoption, capacity building and agronomic processes
- In coordination with the Farm Manager as well as the Program/Research Leads, plan and monitor expenditures and savings
- ensuring accuracy and transparency on financial transactions at all times.
- Advance a safe and healthy work environment through the continuous development of processes and policies that are compliant to the standard guidelines with effective record keeping
- Evaluate different agro-machinery and practices used for different operations in rice based system and identify improved options for farmers and other stakeholders
- Identify possible sources of agro and post-harvest machinery supply, fabrication of components and after sales
- Collect loss data on piloted technologies to current practices
- Establish, secure and maintain relationships with external stakeholders (e.g. local, national & international government and non-government organizations, private companies, farm implement manufacturers) advancing ISARC’ mission of providing quality research services
- Maintain strong and productive relationships with breeding, seed, agronomy, soil science, etc. teams, and other partners for smooth operations
- Lead planning discussions for the coordination of research activities to ensure effective scheduling of agronomic operations enabling all research activities to be implemented within the limited resources available and to effectively manage agronomic risks
- Align and lead the negotiations with service providers and vendors ensuring quality delivery of service packages, products, and technologies
- Provide technical expertise as a resource for IRRI Education and during farm tours involving high level visitors (e.g. Donors, collaborators), and ensure effective provision of quality machinery required
- Contribute to the organization of CoCo, advisory committee, and other important meetings and monitoring/ execution of actions to be taken related to their units /sub-units
- In collaboration with IRRI Legal, Finance and Supply Chain Services, continuously improve service packages of service providers including the development of new Service Agreements, Terms of Reference (TOR) and be involved in biddings and contract renewals
- Oversee the work of farm manager, technicians and monitor the work of service providers to ensure that the activities are implemented according to the plan, standards and agreed timeline
In addition to the base salary indicated above, IRRI also offers the following allowances:
- House-Rent Allowance: IRRI provides a house rent allowance of 40% of base pay per month
- Transport Allowance: A monthly transport allowance of INR 5000
- Dearness Allowance: One Hundred and Thirteen percent (113%) of employee’s base pay
- Leave Travel Allowance (LTA): One-month base pay per annum, on availing minimum 2 days of vacation leave
- Education Allowance: INR 1000/- per child per month (limited 2 children)
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances. Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.