Roles and Responsibilities
- This position will provide on-ground support for all seed system interventions in target regions.
- Be the first portal of contact for all seed-related interventions, and associated research activities.
- Building a strong conduit for implementing partners and scientists for timely flow of data, information, and insights as required.
- Advancing field progress in developing farmer-led seed systems, especially through women-centric initiatives.
- Strong engagement with the community, local line departments, and other seed system stakeholders for implementation and impact creation of research programs.
- Networking with potential grassroots level entities (NGO, SHG, FPO, Seed Group etc) for research-based interventions.
- Field based all support extended for the conduct of all forms of trials, demonstrations, and related other interventions.
- Collect data from on-farm experimentation and demonstration and for other research sites
- Record, compile, and encode data for reporting and analysis.
- Orientation and capacity building of partners and farmers to the successful roll-out
- All requisite data collected in the given template from the field and submitted to the supervisor in time bound manner.
- QSP trainings for farmers at field level are well coordinated and implemented
- Field level coordination made for beneficiary selection and seed distribution.
In addition to the base salary indicated above, IRRI also offers the following allowances:
- House-Rent Allowance: IRRI provides a house rent allowance of 40% of base pay per month
- Transport Allowance: A monthly transport allowance of INR 2000
- Dearness Allowance: One Hundred and Thirteen percent (113%) of employee’s base pay
- Leave Travel Allowance (LTA): One-month base pay per annum, on availing minimum 2 days of vacation leave
- Education Allowance: INR 1000/- per child per month (limited 2 children) IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances.
IRRI offers a highly extensive employee benefits package inclusive of globally-covered medical insurance, retirement plan, life and accident insurance and other allowances. Join our team and be part of our story!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position will remain open for two weeks.
High school with 5 years of relevant experience; 2 years of college education and 3 years of relevant work experience
Proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel etc) and basic understanding of rice production.