• Mapping of potential villages, schools, colleges, women led organizations and experts to enhance the knowledge of career related opportunities among secondary, Sr. secondary school students and youth in local colleges.
• Provide need based support to potential children and youth from the Career Guidance and Counselling Centre.
• Organizing webinars, trainings with children and youth in communities from time to time.
• Prepare the career pathways of girls based on their ability and interest and administering Aptitude Test
• Provide career guidance and counselling to children and youth and their parents for opting career choices , organize parents and stakeholders meetings in the counselling centre.
• Prepare the list of free government and private scholarships, schemes and empowering girls/young women to avail the opportunities.
• Promote Girls Led Network in the Schools and Communities with the support of project’s field staff.
• Organize Career Guidance fairs for school and community children and local youth.
• Initiate “Talent Hunt”, pilot initiative for providing and extended support to young women for pursuing higher education/training
• Along with Project Lead, strengthen the referral linkages with government, networking with CSO, Private agencies working on career guidance and leverage their technical expertise.
• Provide technical support to field team, supervise and monitoring the field team by field visits.
• Successfully arrange donor’s visit, Plan India’s official visit etc as and when required and communicated.
• Coordination with other Paramarsh team members to execute the activities
• Any other work/ responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time.
Skill & Competencies:
• Sensitive in dealing with children and youth in communities and schools;
• Knowledge of new-age career options
• Counselling skills children and youth
• Good in execution of assigned tasks, and responsibilities;
• Data management and report writing
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Should be pro–active in understanding children’s and youth’s needs and problems as well as aspirations;
• Ability to work in a team spirit and handle, supervise field level project staff.
• Good communication and writing in Hindi and English.
Time frame: The assignment of the Project Coordinator cum Counsellor will be from 15th Dec, 22 to 30th June, 23 as per the project time and possibility to be continued.
Location: Zamania Block, Ghazipur District, UP
Child protection clause: Plan is a child-centred development organization, committed to the wellbeing of children and to supporting the convention of the rights of the child, plan has its own child protection policy to ensure that plan has procedures in place to prevent and deal with child abuse by any plan associate. Plan does not tolerate child abuse.
Interested candidates can share their resume along with a suitability note on email@example.com with the subject as Project Coordinator cum Counsellor.
Last date to apply is 10th December 2022.