Main purpose of role
To be responsible for raising funds and driving partnerships for various projects. Meet targets by strategizing opportunities to reach and attract potential supporters, high-value donors, companies, trusts and government bodies.
The candidate will be part of the core team and responsible to execute a strategic fundraising plan to identify and target funders (Corporate/ Institutional and HNIs/other avenues) to raise programmatic funds within a stipulated time.
- Identify and research appropriate "cases for giving" for targeted companies and individual donors. Identify prospective donors and develop solicitation and cultivation strategies for these prospects
- Cultivate in-depth project knowledge and understanding to ensure that you can effectively communicate the product/project features, use cases, and impact to the prospective funders.
- Responsible for outreach, opening doors for the team to reach out to prospective funders- both corporate and institutional. You’ll be responsible for generating and nurturing leads using different marketing channels like cold calls, emails, social media and other social media channels.
- Network, build relationships, schedule meetings/solicitation visits and maintain persistent communications/follow ups with the donor segment.
- Schedule closer meetings to close funding partnerships and other partnerships.
- Develop and construct strategic talking points and materials for donor meetings. Understand the pain points faced by the prospects during communication. Identify if they’re looking for specific features
- Maintain accurate and timely funding pipeline to help with forecasting future revenue and setting targets
- Prepare high quality proposals, reports and other donor-facing communications in collaboration with program staff and communications team.
- Responsible for achieving the fundraising target with special focus on initiating approaches with new prospects and closing deals / donations to achieve targets.
Terms of Employment:
Full-time and Contractual for 11 months (Extendable)
How to apply: To apply, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the person specification.