JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The CHRO is a part of the senior management team and reports to the CEO. The purpose and objective, key accountabilities and detailed job responsibilities for the position are discussed in subsequent paragraphs.
Purpose and Objective:
- Aligning HR strategies with organizational goals.
- Putting in place systems and processes for creating a professional work culture and to attract the best talent, so as to enable the accomplishment of strategy 2030 goals.
- Developing leadership, succession planning and people capabilities for enabling organizational objectives and effectiveness
- Overseeing management of the admin function, with emphasis on common administrative services provided to the organization.
- Organizational Development: Influencing the strategic direction of the organization, managing change, transforming culture and systems, ensuring healthy inter-unit relationships.
- HR Systems and Processes: Instituting robust systems and processes in the HR function, with emphasis on increased automation, enabling the tracking of key HR metrics and improved people management.
- Career Development: Mobilizing the skills and talents of individuals for success, ensuring personal growth, motivation and building change resilience.
- Learning and Development: Developing the key competencies that enable individuals to perform current or future roles.
- Performance Management: Establishing a performance-based culture, linking individual results to organizational goals.
- Common Administrative Services and Compliances: Overseeing the management of common administrative services provided to the organization; Ensuring full compliance with all legal and statutory compliances, as applicable.
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/ practices, discipline, grievance, counseling, pay and conditions (C&B), contracts, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture and attitudinal development, performance appraisals, and quality management issues);
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of HR development;
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales;
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff;
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets;
- Liaise with other functional/ departmental heads to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purposes and achievements;
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary HR development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organization;
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance in coordination with the executive team;
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care;
- Implementation of the global HR policy framework built around the organization’s core mission, values and strategies;
- Develop a performance management culture within the organization aligning with organizational goals and building structures, systems and processes to ensure consistency;
- Drive and successfully execute the organisation’s plans to comprehensively automate people management processes, ensuring informed and improved decision-making for implementing key strategies and practices, in the areas of inclusion, culture, engagement, productivity, performance, etc.;
- Facilitate organizational learning and good practice sharing, international exchange programs with an aim to enhance performance at all levels;
- Responsible for determining, planning, coordinating and implementing staff training and development programs systematically;
Gross compensation budgeted for the position is attractive and in alignment with salaries paid by leading I/NGOs for leadership roles. The offer made to the selected candidate shall be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and salary history.
6. LOCATION: New Delhi.
7. REFERENCE: CHRO-SOSCVI
8. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011- 4081 9900; 4165 3612
9. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Eligible candidates interested in the position are requested to email their applications to email@example.com , by or before December 11, 2022.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
Qualification and Experience
- Post-graduate in business admin HR or Social work with specialisation in HR from a reputed institution;
- About 15 years of experience in HR;
- At least seven years of prior experience in leading the HR function in a medium size organisation (1000 employees);
- Experience of implementing people management systems, processes and practices (with emphasis on increased automation), for reputed and well-managed organizations;
- Experience with INGOs shall be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Good communication skills;
- High proficiency in English language is required; Exposure to one or more regional languages shall be an advantage;
- Proven people management skills;
- Computer skills;
- Strong HR systems orientation, with the ability to successfully lead projects for the successful automation of people management processes;
- Willingness and ability to undertake regular travel to program locations, as necessary.