The key interventions under the project include:
• Ensuring treatment adherence and improving accessibility of TB drugs in Mumbai by installing drug dispensation machines at govt. hospitals for public sector drug sensitive TB patients. A pilot will be executive in 5 govt. hospitals in Mumbai to assess viability and acceptability of the intervention to scale it up in other geographies.
• Preventing treatment failure in TB patients in Mumbai by therapeutic drug monitoring of drug sensitive TB patients.
• X-Ray screening for TB among Migrant Slum Population of Solan district of Himachal Pradesh.
The Finance Officer – TB MuHiM will report to the Senior Manager - Finance – The Union South-East Asia Office.
Key Functions/ responsibilities: % of Time
Grants & Contract Management:30%
• Prepares contracts, ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are incorporated and ensuring compliance with Donor’s requirements as well as applicable laws and regulations
• Periodically visit partners and review their financial and administrative policies and procedures, identify shortcomings and train partners in such areas
• Receive and review supporting documentation from partners.
• Prepare donor financial reports for review, at least one week before the due date.
• Prepare and circulate monthly monitoring (expense vs. budget) as per the set deadlines for assigned project codes.
• Promptly follow-up and adjust monthly and interim donor reports based on feedback Provide monthly cash flow projections for assigned grants/projects for submission to supervisor.
Competencies and Skills:
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, as well as with staff at remote locations.
• Competence in managing and analysing accounting/ financial reports and data, including proficiency in Excel.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, stay focused under pressure, think strategically and implement aggressively.
• Result orientation with strong customer and process orientation
• Ability to work independently and as a team player, in a complex, multicultural environment.
• Strong planning and organizing skills.
• Assertive with strong negotiation skills.
• Flexible with the ability to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively within a matrix-oriented environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication, both in English and Hindi.
• Willingness and ability to travel as necessary (upto 40% of the time).
How to apply:
Interested candidates must send their latest resume/CV and cover letter mentioning their motivation for the job and the specific skills and experience that makes them suitable for the job. Last date for submitting applications is 11 December 2022 and required to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Application for Finance Officer” in the subject line. You must also submit the Job Application Form (to be filled online at https://goo.gl/forms/hchmlnx4QzdbJBRx1) before the deadline. Please note that applications submitted without the Job Application Form will not be accepted.
The Union is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.