BJUP is looking toward experienced Outreach worker to be part of our team at Bihar. Professionals from Social development / consultancy & research sector and having experience to work with reputed organizations may apply for this position.
The Outreach Worker is responsible to provide responsive and effective support to the vulnerable children, women and their families. He/she is responsible to ensure immediate needs are assessed and met, respecting wishes of individuals. He or She as individual ‘Keyworker’ to a group of identified people, taking lead responsibility (and acting as lead contact with other services) for the co- ordination and delivery of their support. implement all project activities provisioned in project documents. He/she is also responsible to ensure quality of work and maximum participation of beneficiaries in the project activities. His/her academic qualification must be at least certificate level including at least 2 to 3 years of intensive working experience in the related field or bachelor level in any fields with keen interest to work in community development sector.
• Work with people offering supported opportunities for them to improve their quality of life, develop their skills and make decisions about their future.
• Daily reporting respective Project Coordinator for effective implementation of project activities.
• Providing general practical and emotional support to people in order to promote their independence and recovery
• Responding appropriately to chaotic and challenging behavior to promote the wellbeing of people we support and staff
• Liaise with referral teams/agencies.
• Participate in the staff team’s provision of individual support and needs assessment, including risk assessment, advice, emotional support and practical assistance.
• Participate in assessing and reviewing future housing and support needs, and in identifying and coordinating internal and external services and referrals in response to these.
• Keep appropriate records of interventions with people and inform Project Coordinator for relevant issues.
• Facilitate regular consultation and action to enable people to make decisions concerning their resettlement.
• Management and claims for Social Security schemes.
• If required, participate in on-call to ensure adequate cover is maintained for service delivery, where appropriate.
• Share responsibility for the effective use of information systems and procedures regarding people and other records and staff communications.
• Any other work required and as directed within the confines of the existing grading and post.
Salary compensation : 15000 CTC PM
This position requires the candidates to have good decision making skills and dynamic attitude. Candidate should be comfortable in travelling project location
Selected candidates will be informed about the interview date. All are advised to research well on the organization before considering or applying for the position. Our website is www.bjup.in
How to apply
Interested candidate can email your CV/resume with a cover letter using the email subject Job application for Outreach Worker send it to
Last Date for sending Application: 15 December, 2022.
Education Qualification: Graduate in any stream.
Work Experience: Minimum 2- 3 years’ experience in closely working with any NGO With the deeper understanding of social issues particularly Women, Children in need of special care and protection.
Must Have Skills
• Good communication skills.
• Organizational skills, including an ability to work independently
• computer skills (MS Power Point, MS Word and Excel)
• Reporting skills
• Experience working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
• Proficient smart phone user (with a functioning smart phone and strong internet connection)
• Has a two wheeler vehicle with a license.
Language: Proficiency in English and Hindi.