At the Philanthropy, we make multi-year grants to not-for-profit organisations that work with the most vulnerable in our society. Through such support, people who are deeply disadvantaged and marginalised are offered immediate care, access to essential services, and the possibility of a dignified future.
Our grants support a range of initiatives – for communities of marginalised people, as well as government service delivery systems. Our areas of support include land , water and forest, gender justice, children in need of care and protection, persons with disability, urban poor communities, nutrition, governance, constitutional values, focused vulnerable geographies, and civil society organisations.
Water for the Marginalised being our central theme, we partner with grassroots organisations that address water (in)security in rural and urban areas. Our areas of engagement include working across:
- Drinking water, water for irrigation, domestic and livelihood needs, water for sanitation and hygiene
- Developing geography level interventions in areas of high vulnerability.
- Engage with govt programs essential to scale water solutions and ensure last mile delivery of large scale govt programs.
- Improve understanding of water governance through partner work.
Roles and Responsibilities
Work with Theme Lead – Water, to
- Identify potential organizations, guide the proposal development engine in grant making process
- Lead the efforts on the due diligence process and ensure compliance with specific grant proposals to ensure that it meets the organisation’s guidelines and requirements,
- Review all completed proposals to ensure that required information has been provided and the story of the grantee organisation comes through clearly
- Help the partner develop results frameworks keeping in view the operating plan
- Manage the disbursal of large and high-impact grants
- Ensure compliance with the grant making system through the entire lifecycle of a grant
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and effective knowledge management to ensure effective program delivery
- Initiate relationships with resource organisations and civil society organisations to further the organisation’s understanding of an area.