The Program Officer – Livestock Technology and One Health will assist in the development and adoption of innovative technologies along the livestock value chain (animal nutrition, animal breeding and genetics, animal health and production management, processing, packaging, and cold chain maintenance). S/he will work with the Resource Mobilization and Program teams to leverage resources to support programmatic activities. S/he will also be responsible for collaborating with the government, related private sector and other development projects to provide further support to livestock enterprises, bring efficiency in the value chain and increase profitability. S/he will work closely with academic and research institutions in research and development and generate new knowledge in all domains of livestock development.
RESPONSIBILIIES AND DELIVERABLES: (including approximate percentage effort)
Innovation and application of technology in livestock value chain (60%):
- Work closely with Signature Program teams to execute Livestock Technology strategy along the livestock value chain (not limited to production only).
- Implement operational guidelines on livestock technology for livestock value chain programs/projects.
- Provide inputs as needed in program/project development.
- Build the capacity of staff, project partners, Community Agro-Vet Entrepreneurs (CAVEs)/technicians, cooperatives, and farmers to improve livestock value chain activities, along with follow-up and backstopping.
- Collaborate with appropriate technical institutions/technical partners for efficiency in capacity building.
- Support in generating new knowledge in all domains of livestock value chains and its dissemination to wider audience.
- Conduct field level research, studies, trials, and farmer field schools to generate new ideas.
- Participate in developing a system for wider dissemination and scaling up of innovation.
- Promote climate smart livestock production practices in the Signature Programs.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply online by accessing this link: https://www.heifer.org/about-heifer/careers/view-all-jobs.html and select the position “Program Officer-Livestock Technology and One Health” having Job ID: 822 for filling your application online.
The Last date to apply is 17th Dec 2022.