Adhyayan Foundation has been invited by the Karnataka Panchayat Raj Department to conduct training for their Gram Panchayat Library Supervisors to be able to read aloud to children from the village communities in Karnataka.
The Programme Manager will oversee the capacity building of the Library Supervisors to conduct read aloud sessions and the District Librarians to be able to quality assure the programme.
- Training of master facilitators in conducting read-aloud sessions and community engagement activities
- Conducting library visits to support the library supervisors in reading aloud such that children are attracted to the libraries
- Review the books available in the libraries for the age group 4-12 and assess them for suitability for the purpose of the programme
- Anchor book collection drives for the two districts, if required
- Promoting the programme to local school head masters and gram panchayat members
- Write weekly and phase reports for the state and donors
- Analyze and draw insights from the M & E data
- Build the capacity of the library supervisors to make the programme sustainable and replicable across districts
- Work with the Content Developer to record and document good practices of the library supervisors, and in creating a module which can be used to scale the programme in other districts and states as opportunities for the same develop.