We hereby invite applications for the above mentioned post within 7 days from now. The applicant should have degree in Agriculture and should have a work experience of at least 2 years. Should have the concept of Ecological agriculture, climate resilience, climate change adaptation, small farmer farming etc.
Should be well versed in English, Bengali, Hindi.
Should be able to travel extensively, communicate in all the langugaes, should have experience in working with Microsoft word, xcel, GIS platforms etc.
Specific Tasks & Responsibilities will be:
• Support the design and planning of the agricultural/aquaculture sector / Animal husbandry strengthening components of the project.
• Imparts knowledge, concepts, principles and techniques of farming to the FFS farmers mainly on principal crop like Paddy, Potato and vegetables so that the production become climate resilient. Promotion of sustainable and ecological agriculture shall remain the key.
• Liaise and coordinate with the District Agriculture Office and Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs)/Regional Agricultural Research Stations (RARSs) under Agricultural University. Climate resilient, market led productions of Agri/horti commodities.
• Ensure that the crop demonstrations are carried out as per the prescribed Package of Practices (PoPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs). In addition, Agriculturist will also ensure that the beneficiary selection for demonstrations is as per project guidelines and protocols. The concept of ecological agriculture promotion has to be kept in centre and he/she has to abide by the values of the organisation.
• Documenting success stories, case studies, innovative business models and disseminating at various forums as directed.
• Required knowledge on digitization of Agriculture and aquaculture through GIS maps.
• Provide support, guidance and advice to project team for their development and implementation of activities.
• Support the Programme Manager in the programme management and administration of the project as needed.
• Any other duties that arise as appropriate
Location: District Project Office Howrah & Hooghly, West Bengal