• Maintain cordial relationship with PHC/CHC level Medical Officers and other Govt. functionaries in the Diabetic clinic/ Vision Centres and work place.
• Maintaining proper hospitality with the patients and the community people.
• To maintain and run the diabetic clinic equipments and report its maintenance, break down etc. at appropriate time.
• Responsible for increasing the footfall of the patient flow in the diabetic clinic by maintaining proper standards and protocols of the service delivery
• Ensure proper branding of Sightsavers and coordinate hygiene and cleanliness of the clinic
• Proper use of all the available instruments for diagnosing the condition of the patients
• Responsible for quality of eye care delivery by following the standards of Sightsavers service delivery systems
• Regular follow up of outreach camp patients
• Develop effective referral linkages with secondary and tertiary care centres for patient care and treatment
• Maintaining and ensuring proper referral channel to VCs from other referral points and strengthening the referral system from VC to the base hospital
• Maintain required data base as per the Sightsavers documentation and reporting system
• Try to develop speciality OPD ones or twice a week
• Responsible for conducting speciality outreach camps and counselling them to make avail of the available services and make their complete eye examination
• Attend the refraction camps whenever required
• Support project team of Sightsavers school eye health and low vision programme as and when required
• Attend training/ workshop organised by Sightsavers towards upgradation of knowledge and skills as and when required.
• Document case studies from the assigned VCs or outreach camps for Sightsavers internal and external purpose.
• Submit monthly performance report to line manager by the end of every month for onward reporting.
• To perform job responsibility at least 8 hours in the working day
As and when required
• Periodic visit to Sightsavers area office/ state business location
• Visit other state programmes for technical support, training & presentation purposes
• Support the state team in designing and developing programmes on eye health as and when required.
• Attend meetings called by Sightsavers as and when required
Technical /Area of Expertise:
1. Able to primary screening, refraction and retinoscopy, able to use Slit Lamp etc.
2. Assist ophthalmologists in performing cataract surgery
What you would need to have
a) Science Graduate in Optometry/Diploma in Optometry
b) Minimum 3/4 yrs of experience in providing eye care services
c) Able to speak and write English, Hindi
d) Knowledge of MS Office
Salary Ranges from 35,000 to 28,000 (CTC) per month
How to apply?
If you have the skills and necessary experience and are interested in this role please email your application along with detailed resume in the specified format downloaded from www.leprasociety.in (career column) to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the REF.NO in the subject line or by post/courier specifying the REF.NO & post applied for on the cover of the application to LEPRA Society, Plot No.120, First Floor, Pataliputra Colony, Patna - 8 to reach us on or before the due date.