Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy is looking for a dynamic, energetic Research Associate who will work with the Data Analytics & Modelling Team. The Research Associate will work on energy efficiency policy advisory, and market enablement founded on unbiased research and cutting-edge analytical approaches. The Research Associate position will be a crucial addition to the young and dynamic team at AEEE. The individual is expected to conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis and assessments through primary and secondary research. She/he would actively engage with stakeholders from the public sector, businesses, and civil society.
• Analyse large amounts of data to support building sector modelling, energy performance-based benchmarking, and demand flexibility forecasting and implementation.
• Undertake data collection and analysis from diverse sources.
• Effectively visualize and present data and information in pictorial and graphical format
• Track international, national, and state-level policy & legislative developments and schemes about energy conservation and energy efficiency
• Track key policies and schemes related to state climate action plans and sustainable development goals; identify potential opportunities to integrate energy efficiency in these policies and schemes.
• Liaise with stakeholders from the public sector, businesses, and civil society.
• Conduct both primary and desktop/secondary research using diverse information sources.
• Write high-quality research pieces – papers, presentations, policy briefs, etc., and project reports.
• Effectively execute your assigned projects working with the project team and other internal teams
• Support the team in developing core or multi-year technical/ research proposals to raise programmatic funding
• Pursue continuous improvement in technical skills and domain expertise and work towards being recognized as a credible and trusted professional in your domain
• Foster a culture of collaboration, support and transparency in the organization
• Perform other necessary tasks as they arise.
How to Apply:
• If you believe you meet the criteria listed above and would like to be part of the dynamic AEEE team, we would love to hear from you.
• Interested candidates are requested to apply through the below link https://forms.gle/KrYTBuJxp1voPkix5
• Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest.
Required Educational Qualification & Relevant Experience:
• Master’s degree with a specialization in data science, statistics, economics, development studies, energy engineering, building sciences or related field; with a bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably electrical engineering or energy engineering), data science, statistics, economics, development studies, energy engineering, building sciences
• Demonstrated data analysis, modelling, and visualization skills with proficiency in Excel, Python (preferred) and/or R, and Tableau or similar
• 1 or more years of relevant experience
• Should have a strong research background, proven analytical research capabilities, and excellent written and verbal communication.
• Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
• Based in New Delhi or willing to move (preferred)