The Programme Manager will be responsible for overall management of the above mentioned project. She/He will report to Senior Manager- MSME; and will very closely work with the General Manager, Pollution Management in MSMEs- Solidaridad Asia. The Key Result Areas of the job are mentioned below.
KEY RESULT AREAS :
Project management (KRA1) :
• Development of work plans and budgets for the project as well as timeous implementation, responses, follow up and ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Coordinate and execute activities within the ongoing Textiles programmes focused on pollution abutment in different states, including monitoring and evaluation together with PMEL.
• To ensure the credibility of the information collected from the field and contribute to the understanding of the impacts.
• Managing partners, donor (NMCG) and Team involved in the implementation of the project activities
• Work closely with various Textiles research institutes, colleges/universities and other public sector organisations. Explore ways that these institutes can support the implementing team in fulfilling their aims.
• Identifies and map relevant stakeholders and develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders and based on programme opportunities develop agreements, MOUs and/or contracts
• Manage partnership by holding regular review and planning meetings to ensure that conditions of contract are met and the programme progresses according to plan
Project monitoring, evaluating and reporting (KRA2) :
• Develop annual implementation plans and ensure the programme is fully implemented in a timely, comprehensive and compliant manner.
• Taking the lead on coordination of baseline studies, mid-term, final evaluations and all project deliverables;
• Monitoring, follow up and evaluation of project activities through project visits, meetings and engagement with project partners;
• Convening monitoring and evaluation meetings and consultations of project partners and different stakeholders involved in the project;
• Development of annual report for the project in line with donor requirements and reporting deadlines
• To ensure that expenditures are within the allocated budget and financial resources are effectively used and associated reporting on the budget is timely done.
Project development (KRA3) :
• In collaboration with the communications team and the global supply programme coordinator, contribute to development of communications material for members and partners, strengthening the story of Solidaridad Textiles and other MSME Programme.
• Explore new funding opportunities aligned with Pollution abutment in Textile MSMEs and to develop and coordinate detailed project reports;
• Development of proposals for future work in sugarcane in response to calls and potential funding sources;
• Attending progress meetings, trainings, conferences, team engagements and events related to the textile project and translates collected information in proposals to adjust/improve the project;
• Involvement in consultations, negotiations, external relations, engagements and selection of project partners;
• Contributes to the development of the SREC textile program.
The above provides more detailed descriptions of the role to be performed. It is not exhaustive but illustrates the scope of responsibilities and provides insight into other tasks that may be required or assigned as per need of the organization.
Salary and Benefits
Solidaridad will pay a competitive salary and matching benefits including provident fund, LTA, health insurance and pension based on skills and experience.
Solidaridad is an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates can send in their CVs at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 2nd January, 2023 with subject line indicating “Programme Manager-MSME (Textiles), Panipat”.
Only candidates with relevant qualification and experience would be shortlisted. The ones who do not qualify in the short-listing will not be intimated due to expected high number of CVs. The further short-listed candidates would be interviewed by a panel.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences/Textile processings/ Sustainable Development/ Social Works/ Business Administration or related field
• At least 7-10 years of experience in similar domain.
• Experience in policy analysis and engagement with government.
• Experience of working on pollution management and sustainability projects, preferably MSME sector
• Experience of independently managing large projects
• Experience of financial and project donor and internal reporting
• Experience of managing stakeholders from donors to private sector partners
• Demonstrated skills in Textile/ MSME/ pollution abutment aspects leading towards sustainability and development
• Proven skills in reporting writing and documentation of best practices
• Good analytical and problem solving skills with proactive approach to finding solutions
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Computer literate including ability to use programs such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
• Excellent People Management skills, and ability to work with multi-cultural team
• Respective diversity and gender sensitive
• Demonstrated skills on stakeholder management and partnership buildings