Considering that every state has unique challenges related to TB elimination, it is essential that distinct state-wise strategies, including the districts, are adopted while keeping them in tandem with the national strategy. Moreover, state-level representatives would be required to liaise with the NTSU and State TB Offices to ensure effective implementation of ACSM activities, in line with national strategies.
Hence, a State Technical Advisor will be identified to coordinate ACSM activities in the state and districts, and in consultation with the State TB Office/s and District TB Officers as well as aid implementation of ACSM interventions rolled out by the Central TB Division and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
• Create a comprehensive communication strategy/work plan for spreading awareness about the TB Programme in the states and districts through NGO partners, TB division at state and sub-state level, media partners and other relevant stakeholders.
• Identify and document the factors (social, cultural, community, and religious) influencing TB safety perceptions and formulate specific approaches to managing negative messages to overcome TB hesitancy.
• Proactively suggest and implement communication strategies to improve TB programme in the states and districts facilitate any mid-course corrections and measure the impact of the communication interventions.
• Develop media communication protocols, SOPs and internal plans for government officials for news media advocacy at the State and District level.
• Documentation of success stories and best practices related to TB program at the state and District level. Identify dissemination platforms for sharing these success stories, from time to time.
• Support states & District in social media management for generating awareness about TB programme to increase its reach.
• 1) Multi-sectoral engagement 2) engagement with elected representatives 3) Budget planning and monitoring of ACSM interventions.
• Coordinate with NTSU to understand overall strategy, objectives and ACSM activities to be implemented.
• Coordinate with State TB Officer, ACSM/IEC Officers, WHO Technical Consultants and other partners to understand state-specific challenges to TB, and work on and offer solutions to mitigate or overcome these through innovative, focused, and effective, ACSM action.
• Coordinate with the state NTEP officials on a periodic basis (quarterly or monthly as suggested by State TB Office).
• In consultation with the State TB Office and with support from the NTSU, prepare annual ACSM plans based on the long-term national and state TB-ACSM strategies and plans
Maximum CTC budgeted for the position is INR 12,00,000 per annum (non-negotiable). Offer shall be commensurate with the Qualification and experience of the selected candidate
How to Apply:
Interested candidates upload their updated resume on below given link
https://forms.gle/KQnAXBqXhsHfSybQA (In case the link doesn’t open, please copy, and paste the link in your web browser)
Last date for submitting applications is 1st January 2023.
The Union is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualification, experience & skills
• Postgraduate in Mass Communications, Journalism, or a related field or Postgraduate in Public Health or Social Sciences with PG Diploma in Communication, Journalism, or a communication related field.
• Minimum 8-10 years post qualification experience in planning, implementing and monitoring communication related interventions
• Experience of working on large scale Govt Jan Andolan projects will be favourable
• Experience on communications in HIV, Poshan Abhiyan, Covid or any other public health programme is favourable with states and districts on IEC
• Experience of working with the government officials in the state and the districts as well as experience of engaging with highest level administrators
• Experience of having worked on advocacy, communications, and social mobilisation interventions on public health issues like HIV, menstrual hygiene, polio, COVID-19 etc. Experience of working on TB will be an added advantage
• Exemplary written communication skills and a thorough comprehension of Hindi & English language principles, style guides, and editorial best practices. Knowledge of regional language of the allocated state is preferred.
• Looking for someone who has strong technical knowledge on ACSM & lead the TB ACSM Program in the state of Telangana.